Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a manual transmission with 85k on it for 150$. Says it was tested and works well.
Ive always wnated to do a tranny swap.
When he says he has a manual tranny, is that all i need? Im sure theres like 100 other parts i need to do the swap as well correct?
Where can i go to learn all the peices im going to need in order to do a successful swap?
And then i have toms Tune, what kind of stuff will i have to do tune wise. Will i have to reset the Car and Transmission ECU codes? can tom do that with his tune?

Ive never read about transmissions and theres not a thread in here about how to do the swap so please help me out!

·
Registered
25 Posts
What have you got for CEL's??
Are you using the ATX computer?
I'm going to get an SCT from Tom and see what we can do.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
i just got an automatic focus with i bad tranny I would love to see soem pics on the swap, if its going to cost me $650 for a tranny might as well look into manual swap

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
I have a manual parts ZX3 and a few other manual swap parts in my room. I can sell you everything you would need minus the trans. Just hope the trans matches the cable and shifter.

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive decided im not ready to tackle a job like this with my current income. Thanks anyway guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello i am new here i already committed to my motor and trans swap now i am in a pickle so my car is a 01 zx3 auto and i just finished putting my 03 zx3 motor and manual trans in pedels and stifter mounted computer swaped ........now what do i do about the clutch pedel switch i don't have wires for it how do i bye past or do i need to swap all dash wires too plz help i am a bit over my head :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello i am new here i already committed to my motor and trans swap now i am in a pickle so my car is a 01 zx3 auto and i just finished putting my 03 zx3 motor and manual trans in pedels and stifter mounted computer swaped ........now what do i do about the clutch pedel switch i don't have wires for it how do i bye past or do i need to swap all dash wires too plz help i am a bit over my head :/
I'm at this point myself. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well car is done i moved every single wire from one to they other .....i do have a few issues to work out however i dont have a diagram for you i could use one myself lol this project was not fun

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well car is done i moved every single wire from one to they other .....i do have a few issues to work out however i dont have a diagram for you i could use one myself lol this project was not fun
Ouch. I'm trying to avoid diving into the dash wiring too far. Only have the clutch switches to work out. From what I can determine one of the 2 switches is for the Cruise control and the other is the clutch position switch. I have a donor vehicle but would like wiring diagrams before I go further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree i would wait for diagram however they changed the wiring on me on 2002.5 so it was just easier in my case to take all the interior out and swap it all dash wires were different along with fuse boxes and motor wiring harness

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did the swap. Previously removed most of unnecessary wires other than what lets the car drive down the road. Had tune from tom but auto trans was continuously getting worse and rebuild didn't help. So got everything in and hooked up other than two plugs for auto gear change and one next to that. Now car will not power up. Does something need spliced together?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts