Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hm. ATM, I have automatic windows on my Focus ZX3. The driver's side when you press it once goes all the way down but the passenger's you have to hold it down. Is there a way just to make it automatic so all you gotta do is press it once and it will go down?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
you could prolly pick up the hardware for the dvr side out of another foci, like a junkyard or something, and just mirror it to the psgr side

·
Registered
381 Posts
I believe this has been investigated before - I'd love to do the swap as well.

The switch mechanism on the driver's side is a single module that control all the windows. It's not as easy as having 4 separate switches there, and you only need to replace the passenger switch with the driver.....it's a bank of 4 switches in a single module. Figuring out how to change the switch within the module is the complicated part.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah.. o_O also wouldnt mind making em go up by just 1 click too ^^ too much to ask for huh? v.v

·
Registered
230 Posts
i would love to do this, but then again, i would love for all the windows to go down with one click. i rarely use the A/C, i just put the windows down. but it seems like a pain every time to hold the buttons down until the windows are down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i almost always never drive w/ my windows up.. o_O usually only when friends ride w/ me who are made of weaker stuff... n bitch n moan... *sigh*

·
Registered
492 Posts
You could get the alarm and window module I have now. :D My windows are both one-touch-down now.

Or.. I'm told that if you find a powered sunroof, then if you take the button and put it in the passenger's side it will work.

That's what I'm TOLD anyway.

Or you can get the door parts to a right side drive euro foci. :D Then it'd be mirrored for real haha.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Agreed...it would be best if the driver switches allowed all 4 windows to be 1-click up and down if fully depressed, or partial movement if not fully-engaged.

Wicked Aura said:
i would like for them to go up with one click as well. like the sunroof.

·
Registered
150 Posts
something else that was cool about an old accord my friend used to drive...if the windows were down when you turned off the car and removed the key, instead of inserting the key again, the windows could still be rolled up (electric windows of course) unless you opened any of the car doors.

·
Registered
381 Posts
In the Chevy world...that's known as "Retained Accessory Power" - the radio will continue playing until you open a door (for 10 minutes) on my Z28.

Yep...another thing that would be nice on the Focus. How many times have you stopped, turned off the car, and then considered whether it might rain, and had to put the key back in to do up the windows.

·
Registered
24 Posts
JUst a thought but the mid 90's buick park ave's used a auto down moduale that is seperate from he switch looking at the wiring diagrams it look like it could be retrofited to our cars next time I'm at the junk yard I might have to see if it will work.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'd like to also attempt this. I know the 2004+ Nissan Maxima has auto up AND auto down on all 4 windows via the driver's control. I know nothing about the actual switches but I'm assuming you could rig something up with those modules/switches? Or is it not that simple? I'm sure there's alot of people this would appeal to.

P.S. It's a habit with me to get in, key in ignition, start car, press driver's auto down, press and hold the other 3 with left hand, use right hand to put on seatbelt. It's almost like a routine. = /

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Hubris said:
In the Chevy world...that's known as "Retained Accessory Power" - the radio will continue playing until you open a door (for 10 minutes) on my Z28.

Yep...another thing that would be nice on the Focus. How many times have you stopped, turned off the car, and then considered whether it might rain, and had to put the key back in to do up the windows.
my mom's truck has this too, i don't know what ford calls it though

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yes this is something i'm interested since i got my foucs too, my probe had the both pass. and driver side auto down and i really miss that [:(] maybe i should try a junked focus and pull that switch out or something and fit it in the passenger side switch. since i got the 3dr hatch maybe i could fit the same switch into the passenger side so they can have auto down too?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JCE_05-ZX5
P.S. It's a habit with me to get in, key in ignition, start car, press driver's auto down, press and hold the other 3 with left hand, use right hand to put on seatbelt. It's almost like a routine. = /

Heh same here... had to stop myself barely in time cuz i had my windows tinted. XD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts