Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed my '04 ZX3 has automatic locking doors. All the time. Not just in drive. Basically, I can unlock my car, then ~2min later, it'll lock itself back up. This is normally a feature I like, as I want to make sure my car is always locked.

...however...

I parked my car and left it running to run into my house and grab some CDs the other night. I came back out, and the car had locked itself. While running. The keys were in the ignition and the fob was hanging off of it. I bought the car used and only have one copy of the key (I'm not going to pay a ton of money to a dealership to get another coded key cut...). So I was SOL. Fortunately, my dad and I know how to get into cars fairly easily (my grandpa was a locksmith with the motto, "if the door's locked, the window still ain't"), so we got into it after a while.

This isn't the first time I've had a problem with this, though. It's locked me out of the car with my keys sitting on the driver's seat, or in the cup holder. Also, my dad usually takes care of moving my car around when it snows or early in the morning to let my mom or brother out to go to work or something (I work odd hours, so I'm normally sleeping instead of doing this) and he has a habit of leaving the keys in the car, usually in the ignition. Thus, leading to my keys getting locked into my car...again...

There has got to be a way to turn this thing off. I'm just tired of always being afraid when I've misplaced my keys that my day is about to get set back another half hour or something.

I know that I'm just as much to blame for a good chunk of this as my car, but I want to make it so my car has *no* fault in this, and that if I do end up locked out of my FoFo, it's because I'm an idiot and not because she wanted to keep me off her seat.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
I can't tell you the exact way to do this. If your car has the manual(book) in it flip through that and see if it says how.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I note that when I unlock door locks using my remote, but I will not actually open any doors, locks will lock automatically after 30s. They will lock also 10s after I start driving my car, but never when I stop and leave the car with keys inside or when I start the car and leave keys inside.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
on the key fob, hold down the lock and unlock button until the 4ways blink. this will turn off the central locking feature. this also enables both doors being unlocked with 1 touch of the button.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Um my central locking still works and I did what you said scrammer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts