Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchesed my 2000 se a few months back and the automatic locks didnt work. i finally got around to looking into it and i have no clue. i tried switching the fuses but that didnt work and i tried the thing in the how-to section about enabling/disabling it but nothing.

anyone have any idea?[???:)] [dunno]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
More info needed...... I assume your remote won't lock/unlock the doors. But do the electric door locks work with the switches inside the car?

If it's just the remote that's not working it could be as simple as a remote battery, or it could be a bad RF receiver under the dash, not to mention a wiring problem, a fuse you haven't found yet, or any number of other problems.

I think places like Auto Zone can test the remote for operation. There's a possibility the remotes aren't programmed properly.

Good luck...

Oh...one more problem I found once. A guy bought a used car from a dealer.....remotes didn't work. Turned out the car didn't have a remote system....just electric locks. The dealer just threw in some remotes for the Hell of it I guess.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the whole system doesnt work. not even the switches inside the car

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds like it's a relay issue

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Humm....got to start somewhere. Assuming you've checked all the fuses, the next step for me would be to check for 12V at the driver door main switch. One wire at that switch should be 12V all the time, whether or not the ign. is on. You should check the wire plugs also.

If something happens to that main switch on most cars....the whole system stops working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts