Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i bought an automatic 2006 focus zetec from a dealer 1 month ago. (95000km on the clock [which is about 60000miles])

all was fine until this morning, where the engine light came on, and the gear changes now have a thud/knock when the car changes gears.

i took it to the dealer, and they said that they managed to remove the light and all is good now.

i then picked up the car, but the light came back instantly, and the gear change is still thudding/knocking (dont know exactly how to describe it, but its not a smooth gear change)

i then tried to put it in tiptronic/sequential manual mode. but the car doesnt go into it, the car stays in 'D' (drive) and just drives normally and changes gears normally (with the exception of the gear change knocking)

i now have to go back to the dealer on monday, but can anyone help me in the meantime to figure out what the problem could be?

thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply,

but the info you provided me seems to be a problem with the older ford focuses, not my model. i couldnt find a thread with info about mine.

does the older model and my 2006 model have the same issues? thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
What ATX transmission is in the 2006? I was under the impression that the 4f27e was used in later years also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What ATX transmission is in the 2006? I was under the impression that the 4f27e was used in later years also.
sorry a2000, i think it is the same transmission. would this problem affect my cars inability to switch into tiptronic mode aswell?

i just dont want to go back to the dealer and have them spin a story to me..

i have been driving the car over the weekend, and it looks like its the first 2 gear changes which are knocking hard, and that (i think/feel) that gear 3 to 4 seems smooth.
so possibly the solonoides right?

i just cant work out why the tiptronic doesnt engage

my cruise control works (if that helps.. i read somewhere that cruise control relies on the OSS or something which u pointed out to me)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts