Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious - My dual clutch 6 speed automatic transmission shifts extremely smoothly through the gears, but is make a strange rattling noise between shifts. I’m currently at 1000 miles. Is this common for this transmission and are any of you out there experiencing the same thing?

I asked the dealer about this and he said to turn up the radio so I wouldn’t hear it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm at 3200 miles. I don't remember any rattling, but the transmission did improve with more mileage. If your dealer really told you that, they are tools and its time to find a new dealer.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Just curious - My dual clutch 6 speed automatic transmission shifts extremely smoothly through the gears, but is make a strange rattling noise between shifts. I’m currently at 1000 miles. Is this common for this transmission and are any of you out there experiencing the same thing
Looks like we're in the same boat (car?). My car rattles when changing gears when accelerating and kind of... crunches? when downshifting. I took it into the dealer on Thursday and he said he couldn't replicate it or didn't see any issues. I'm at 6500 miles.

I'll be contacting Ford via email tomorrow and I advise you do the same. They need to know if people are having problems. There is allegedly a TSB out (9-5-11) for cars built before 8/12/2011. My dealer said he couldn't find any TSBs that applied to my VIN, but I think his system is out of date or something.

-->Clickity.<--

·
Registered
683 Posts
No abnormal selectshift shifting sounds here ... crunch / rattle ... yikes!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I also hear a slight noise when the gears are shifting. It doesn't affect the performance at all. I figure it's the electronics and the alternate clutch moving into position. I'm not going to worry about it unless I feel a change in the shifting. I didn't hear it until I installed an engine cover.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I also hear a slight noise when the gears are shifting. It doesn't affect the performance at all. I figure it's the electronics and the alternate clutch moving into position. I'm not going to worry about it unless I feel a change in the shifting. I didn't hear it until I installed an engine cover.
Curious? I wonder if THAT is why they deleted the engine cover? you could hear MORE noise with it than without...

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Posted on the low-speed shudder thread:

My dealership told me today that Ford has withdrawn TSB 11-9-5 (presumedly because it didn't actually fix the issue). Can anyone else confirm this? Did anyone actually have the fixes in the TSB applied?

Wes

·
Registered
588 Posts
I also hear a slight noise when the gears are shifting. It doesn't affect the performance at all. I figure it's the electronics and the alternate clutch moving into position. I'm not going to worry about it unless I feel a change in the shifting.
I concur. Many of the noises I hear are exactly the same as from a manual transmission. Nothing to worry about, in my opinion. I rarely hear anything at all unless there is a curb or wall to reflect the sound.

Until I hear the sorts of noises a poorly managed or failing manual transmission makes, I will assume things are operating normally.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My Fiestas PowerShift made the same noises, its normal.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
My Fiestas PowerShift made the same noises, its normal.
Allegedly... I guess I can bring it up - worst they can say is "man up."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts