Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys I need a little help, I would like to get as much HP and performance out of my car as I can but I am not sure other then what I have already done what is safe to do on an Automatic Transmission. I have a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2.0L DOHC.
[???:)]
Here is what is done already
  • AEM CAI
  • 65 MM CFM TB
  • OBX Racing Headers
  • OBX Catback Exhaust
  • New Racing Plugs and Ignition

My Question Is can someone tell me or direct me to information about all the upgrades I can do to see the highest gain in power and performance without altering major engine components, or doing an engine swap.

Thanks for the help.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
73mm tb?? did u port your IM to match?? anyways, the best u can do for an auto is a JRSC w/o building the tranny or mild turbo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
73mm tb?? did u port your IM to match?? anyways, the best u can do for an auto is a JRSC w/o building the tranny or mild turbo.
Yeah I am not 100% sure about the 72 MM TB I know most are 65mm but the guy who sold it claimed it was a 73mm I am not sure he was right but no I did not have to port my IM so im guessing its just a 65mm and the guy was misinformed. Anyway can you suggest a mild terbo kit that wont destroy my tranny and here are a few threds from craigslist on some engines they are selling I am willing to do a swap just wanna make sure its worth it.

2006 Focus 2.0 L Duratech with 5 speed tranny $500

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/949048515.html

Here is another same thing

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/942232399.html

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
depends on what ur price range is. you cannot go w/ a universal turbo kit. too cheap and too much fabrication. The best bang for ur buck will be a JRSC. you can find them for about 1500 or so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
depends on what ur price range is. you cannot go w/ a universal turbo kit. too cheap and too much fabrication. The best bang for ur buck will be a JRSC. you can find them for about 1500 or so.
Pardon Me if this seems stupid but im new to this forum even though it says I have been here a while, but im not really sure of the terminology yet, but I am assuming JRSC Means supercharging Is that correct if so recommend a good supercharger?

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
The Jackson Racing Supercharger. The automatic trans will be able to hold that kind of power. I wouldn't go turbo unless you beef up your trans or get a 5-speed trany swap.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You might as well supercharge her. The Duratec Swap is nice, but can be a little pricey for the money, you can get the JRSC like everyone said and you will be happy for a while. But if you got the dough beef up the tranny and turbo it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
you'll have to upgrade the gear box if your going turbo or sc
Lentech is the go for upgrade on the focus auto

Rob

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might as well supercharge her. The Duratec Swap is nice, but can be a little pricey for the money, you can get the JRSC like everyone said and you will be happy for a while. But if you got the dough beef up the tranny and turbo it.
Yeah money is not really the issue the main prob is its my daily driver so I would hate to do something crazy to it and screw myself. So i know someone selling a 5 speed tranny is that, the linkage, and peddles all I need to do a tranny swap? Will it bolt right onto my block? little info would be awesome.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
U do NOT need to do anything if you put the JRSC on to the tranny

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You would also need the ECU out of a 5 speed Duratec. And to tell you the truth it might not bolt up to the block, i believe the transmissions differ from a Zetec and Duratec, they have pretty much the same internals within the actual tranny but i think the transmission cases(shell) are different. But dont quote me on that, I will look into it or if someone else knows that would be great too.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
If you run some type of FI at about 6 psi that will be your best option for the power you are looking for. Bolt ons are not going to really give you anything more then you already have.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I'm pretty maxxed out NA, and you don't want to go too much farther on an auto than that, so if you stay NA, then you will be fine, but it will cost more. if you go FI, it will be cheaper and quicker to install.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so the word is JRSC now can anyone point me to a good place to purchase such a Kit? thanks everyone and I will do the cams as well.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
don't do cams for a JRSC, you will see no benefit, maybe 3 or 4 whp tops, but more than likely, unless you get turbo cams, you will see blowby in the head, so you will actually lose hp. just stick w/ stock cams. Also, I might be willing to sell mine. PM me if ur interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts