Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few guys that have ordered the LED replacement bulbs from this site. Seems to get pretty good reviews. I've been looking at the Xenon Super White bulbs to replace my dome and license plate lights, and also the Super White Krypton bulbs to replace my fog lights. Just wondering if anyone has tried either of these. They are cheap, so I'm worried that that's exactly what I'll get. I know how things normally go with cheap stuff, but I was hoping someone would convince me otherwise. I wouldn't be able to convince my wife to spend the $50 dollars to change lightbulbs that work perfectly fine now, so let me know if anyone has tried any of the non-LED bulbs. Thanks!

-Ben

·
Registered
573 Posts
Do NOT get the xenon bulb! It was barly any differnet from the stock bulb!

If you want a nice white color, get the 9 LED bulb!

i got the 9 LED blue bulb installed here... I also have the white one as a backup incase i get bored with the blue.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it! I guess I'll "save up" for the LED bulb. Thanks again! Anyone else have any feedback, maybe on the foglight bulbs?

-Ben

·
Registered
162 Posts
I ordered the "xenon" bulbs for the license plate... well they run at a higher wattage then stock so they are brighter but sill have the halgen color. They are bright though.... lights up the road underneath the bumper. But like nightmare said.... get the LED one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, so the xenon bulbs aren't so white. Thanks again, and I'll go with the LED bulb. Thanks!

-Ben

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen some posts about how when replacing with an LED bulb, the lights will stay on faintly. Is there any way to fix this, or is it something you have to live with the LED replacements?

-Ben

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
electronic components would need to be used... (relay, transistor, capacitors, resistors?)

you'd have to devise a simple circuit that would at resistance to elimiate that 0.2v of continuity when the switch is on 'open door'... however, the circuit would have to switch to zero resistance once it gets full continuity, or else you'd have dim LEDs... to a certain extent.

Bottom line: Just deal with it. It's not even bright enough to distract you from driving.

Sorry I don't have better pictures. The leds are Superflux, avalible on the internet, easy to find.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured it would require complex circuitry, but I thought I'd ask anyways! Thanks for the pics. Did you make your own bulb? How many Superflux LEDs are in yours? Thanks for the help!

-Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts