Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Quick couple questions for all of you Ford gurus;
I recently bought a 02 Focus and I'm having some issues with what I think is the autolock feature. I like to start my vehicle in the morning and let it run for a few minutes before I leave for work. With my other vehicles, I've always carried two sets of keys, one is just keys and the other has the fob on the ring as well. So I start the vehicle with the one ring, then as I'm walking away I lock the doors with my fob on the other ring.....come back to the car in a few minutes and unlock with the fob. Now, when I start my focus, the doors automatically lock, when I come back to my car, the fob doesnt work and I have to use my key in the drivers door. I found a few sites with instructions on disabling the autolock feature, but when I try to do it, I don't even get the chirp telling me that it goes into programming mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks gang
Deano

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It's a funky system, I STILL haven't bothered to learn ALL the ins & outs of it..

Normally after starting the car you need to drive a bit (supposed to be a short distance, but on mine it's variable) B4 it automatically locks...

The feature that bugged me for a bit is the automatic re-lock.

If you unlock with the fob, then don't actually open a door, it'll re-lock after a bit. It assumes you didn't really want to get in since no door was opened....

So if you unlock it with the fob to have access, you have to open a door to KEEP it open...

After tales of people accidentally being locked out, if I want to keep it running & only have one key right handy, I'll open a window just to be SURE I can get back in...

(grin)

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Funny I thought one had to drive the car a few feet[could be more than 20 feet] before the doors locked
Not sure, but I think it's increasing vehicle speed, not distance, that triggers the locks. Guess that theory would be easy to test...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts