Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... so i kno that there are a bunch of threads about this but i got a question how will gaping these plugs from factory (which i think is around .50) to .60 affect my performance? Better? Worse? or will i not notice a difference?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just installed AP104's on mine, gapped to .054 and they are working great. I know a couple of the guys suggested cooper cores, but for a small town where I live with many short driving distances I opted to use the regular platinums. Throttle response increased on mine, at least i noticed since I had the original plugs with 65K.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks cuz i just bought some and i wanted to make sure before install...i kno this is off topic but Hon Hon what happend to the SAP front bumper?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry man i guess im slow! u kno i wanted to do the same thing... but keep my SAP rear, get the ST front w/ fogs and do the FS lip! oh but keep my EAP's! i sure the finished product will look awsome!!!

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
its ok lol... my bumper doesnt have fogs at the moment... but i will shortly when i get extra cash...

·
FF Affiliate
30,932 Posts
I have posted this before but no one seems to listen , The Autolite AR104 is a much better plug and it has shown a small performance gain as well

Tom

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
tom, why the 104 over the 103 for the 2.3?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I didnt know they made an AR104. I could only find the AR103's on Autolites website. Just looked at Parts America again and they only show the AR103's.

And Tom if you do read this, why the .060 gap, since your the one who advised this? Just trying to go to the source.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I would say the .06 gap is for bigger spark and 104's over 103's cause the copper core conducts better for the better spark?

·
FF Affiliate
30,932 Posts
I didnt know they made an AR104. I could only find the AR103's on Autolites website. Just looked at Parts America again and they only show the AR103's.

And Tom if you do read this, why the .060 gap, since your the one who advised this? Just trying to go to the source.
I have had some AR104 before so they did at some point make them , The 103 is just 1 step colder plug and you can get down to as cold as a AR96 these are the same plugs we use in the Vortec V8 Chevy heads we build for the SPEC Engines so I have worked with them a good bit on many applications

The gap. You want to run as much gap as you can just short of a misfire this gives the acorn (shape of the flame/spark with in the electrodes ) more room to form and to generate more energy

Tom

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got a 1mpg increase using the Autolite 104s in my 2.3L. I get 29.9mpg with cruise set at 85mph, slowing here and there for traffic. Thats pretty good. Note that I have a K&N FIPK.

0.060 gap is working fine for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts