Votes: 36 92.3%
  • dragstrip

Votes: 3 7.7%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people on here talking about 1/4 mile times and quik launches to me it doesn't seem like the SVTF is set up for that I love the way my car handels and i got the chance to do some serious lap in it recently to me that is what the SVTF is all about .I guess what i'm getting at is what do you guys feel your SVTF is best atand what do you perfer to do with it because when it comes down to it civic si ,gti 1.8t or 2.0t ,and other front wheel drive "tuner cars" can't seem to match me on the curves.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Dragstrip is for fast cars, autoX is for fast drivers. The SVT is def better suited for the twisties, nothing puts a smile on my face better than carving some good hard corners.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Def about the corners...anybody can learn to point a car straight and go fast....takes alot of skill and nerve to trail brake, while downshifting, while over taking somebody on the outside, and staying in the powerband all at the same time....oh and don't forget to changing the radio station b/c there's commercials on....man i love driving on 495!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I agree, i leave work almost everyday and go right down the street and take a couple laps around the cloverleaf. man thats fun, lol. The gearing in the svt isnt suited for drag racing.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Auto-X is heaven with this car, well that and a good road course. [thumb]

·
Registered
46 Posts
i think you should add road racing to the poll (waterford hills, mid-ohio, beaverun etc)

·
Registered
500 Posts
focusedintentions said:
Def about the corners...anybody can learn to point a car straight and go fast....takes alot of skill and nerve to trail brake, while downshifting, while over taking somebody on the outside, and staying in the powerband all at the same time....oh and don't forget to changing the radio station b/c there's commercials on....man i love driving on 495!
HAHA sounds like what I do every day!!

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Totally, while Auto-X is fun and there are more events to enter, road course running is the heart & soul of the SVTF.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Mmmmmm....road course.....how i heart those...but since i can't get on one very often...prefer ducking and weaving through 495 traffic and pretending i'm kickin ass at the 24 hours of lemans....seriously..i'm always in first, i passed like 12341235543584356 cars this past week alone!

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Haha...I might be guilty of that at times [;)]

·
Registered
784 Posts
I love autocrossing!
To bad the last time I went to one was when I still lived in Va over a year ago... damned navy and my schedule.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Drag is for queens!

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I think the poll says it all. [rofl]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
^^ i know i thought there'd be a few for drag strip

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
C'mon now...who buys the SVTF for draggin is a dumarse....it's obvious what's for....best handling car ford made besides the GT40.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
svt2nv04 said:
^^ i know i thought there'd be a few for drag strip
I'm sure there will be later, when school gets out [:D] [;)]

·
Registered
308 Posts
At the Solo II Nationals a couple of years ago I overheard a guy tell a buddy: "Damn, I was a drag racer for fifteen years before I discovered Solo II. This is a lot more fun and I wish I'd gotten into it sooner." He was driving a CP Camaro.

While autocrossing a Focus will be a lot of fun be aware that it will be the class underdog in the stock classes (HS & GS) due to the Mini Cooper that rules those classes and in STS you will loose to the multitude of 89 Honda Civic SIs.[:(]

But what the heck, you can still have fun. Just do it!

Oh, I almost forgot. Want to try something that combines autocross with drag racing? Then try Pro Solo. Head to head racing over mirrored solo courses with a drag start with a "christmas tree". Try it, you'll like it.[:D]

1 - 20 of 49 Posts