Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the 1st autocross of the year today. I just had my studded tires replaced with my BFG's yesterday.

I wish I could say I drove well, but I didn't do too hot. My wife is sick, and I got 4 hours of broken sleep the night before. At least once a run I would get behind the action mentally, and try and snap back on track. My car was running great though. I feel like it let it down (weird?).

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nice pic

·
Registered
96 Posts
With scenery like that, I would get distracted and hit a ton of cones!

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^No kidding!
Our mountains (from the track) just can't compare. [:(]

And, FocusInAlaska:
Check my reply in your "hacked off lunchbox" thread.
You're still legal in GS. [thumb]

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
Pfft, those mountains don't compare to the Golden Arches (or the Family Dollar you can't see in the picture)!

Do you have anymore beautiful photos from the event? Man, those mountains are like right there. I'm sure your car was just happy to get back out there again, and as long as you had some fun what does it matter how you performed? [;)]

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ilcowil said:
Pfft, those mountains don't compare to the Golden Arches (or the Family Dollar you can't see in the picture)!

Do you have anymore beautiful photos from the event? Man, those mountains are like right there. I'm sure your car was just happy to get back out there again, and as long as you had some fun what does it matter how you performed? [;)]
It's hard to compare with Family Dollar, let alone the all encompasing McDonalds!

I did have a good time, and loved seeing all the cars run. The 64 vette has upgraded his suspension, brakes (Baer disks) tires and wheels, and now moves as wicked as it sounds. The guy with the mostly stock ZX-3 was only a second and a half off of the fastest times, made by cars on competition rubber. The guy with the ZX-2 and street tires was only 3/4 of a second away. They blew Vettes, Camaros, Miatas, Evos and STI's out of the water. The Lotus Elise was well driven and looks like sex on wheels. The race prepped B 210 represented well for the old-school. It was a little cold (43 F) and windy, but well worth it.

My camera's batteries died before I could get any action shots, or even finish with the pits...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ilcowil and the mountain..

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts