Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
svt is great for auto x. go to www.focusfanatics.com there are a few other auto x'rs there. u can get more input outside of here. these forums just started up about a month ago as a regional branch to the original focusfanatics.com forums. great info on the other site though! this ones more or less for region specific questions and to post about meets and race days and dyno days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tommy: Thanks for the info, I might just take you up on that offer. I should be able to come by for a few hours at some point in the weekend. When would be the best day and time (I don't want to interfere).

Thanks a lot.

Euro: Thanks for the info, I posted this here because I am trying to get hooked up with auto-xers in the local area, and I wanted information about the local competition.

I will let you know when I get my Focus!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
word man thats cool. i know a good bit about about mods but i dont know what will u keep u in what classes out here. i wanna autox but from what ive been told im going to mod it too much to do autox. maybe ill get an svt and just do some susp and exhaust and auto x that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
JQ: Saturday would be good for me----don't worry about interfering, you won't be.

Euro: We're gonna BBQ at my place after the autox on Saturday night then head over to Kentacohut.

You're welcome to join us for some charred grubbage and plenty of Focus'd converstation. Give me a buzz and I'll give you directions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, I am new to Colorado, and only here for the summer but would love to check out the autoXing going on. Where is it taking place and when? That is if no one minds.

thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Euro: The shin-dig will start somewhere 'round 6. By then the autocrossing will be done. I don't drink Sam Adams, so bring as much as you can consume. [:p] I'll have a bunch of rum and some Citrona's or Bacardi O3's. [:D]

Ian: The autox this weekend is over at Lot B by Coor's Field. To get there, From I-25 North or South, take exit #212 20th Street (eastbound)
or Park Avenue exit 213 (eastbound). 1 Block east of Coors Field is Market Street.
Make a left (northeast) on Market Street. Stay on Market Street (which becomes
Walnut Street) until you get to 27th Street. Make another left on 27th Street and
enter "Lot B". This is the ONLY entrance you can use to the event.
Please respect the neighborhood, and keep the noise down when arriving and departing.

For more info check out www.rmsolo.org.

It's free to watch, you'll just have to sign a waiver. C'mon down and watch!! [:)]

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what all does it cost/need to race? id wanna autox mine with stock susp, the again w/aftermarket to see how much it helped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
EuroZX3 said:
what all does it cost/need to race? id wanna autox mine with stock susp, the again w/aftermarket to see how much it helped.
As far as I can tell it costs about $35 for non-members of SCCA to race (members are $25). Unfortunately It looks like this weekend is a members only event for racing[:(], and joining the SCCA is $75 for a year. The next event is Aug 31st in C.Springs.

Check out rmsolo for more detail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What time is the AutoXing going on this weekend. Start/end times? If anyone here sees a silver focus with oregon plates come say hi. Be cool to meet you guys. O ya and thx for the info tommy

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tommy can i do a ride along with u? thatd be awesome. do u have a nice garage? im tryin to think i have anything to install. we are doing a udp install on my buddies focus tonite. but i have a torque gun so its only going to take like 20 minutes.

tommy check back on the forum later tonight. we are trying to get a bunch of foci together for pictures and possibly another bbq on sunday, lol. the way im thinkin its gonna work is we could bbq, take pictures, then roll out to arapahoe crossings kinda early so we can get them all together. ill post more info later though. royal check back later tonite also!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually Chris, I don't have a garage!! [paranoid] I have a carport that everyone can use, and there's other spaces, but no garage. If the guys over on the 'Jet wanna install stuff, that's cool with me.

But no garage, sorry...[:(]

I'll give ride-alongs on all except for one run. That last run will be my run for time, and we usually get 3 or 4 runs. I just saw that there'll be 200 drivers, so we'll most likely only get 3 runs. I'll be glad to take 2 guys; and Euro and JonnyQ have spoken up first. If we get another run, I'll be glad to take RoyalZTS if you want. There's also gonna be another SVTF there, as well as another ZX3 that's modded running in STS class. The ZX3, (Scott) will be at the BBQ later and is a good guy, so I'm sure he'll give a couple of rides as well.

As far as Sunday's concerned, I don't get off of work until 10 pm; so the earliest I could make the A.C. deal would be 10:30. [:(] It'd be nice to get in some of the pix, but I'm sure I'll be too late. Maybe we can get some at Saturday's BBQ as well.

I'll check back later...[:)]

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok cool tommy. ill bring a street cone and save a parking spot for u. ill give u details later though. im sure we will take pix at a/c also i just wish i had a digi cam, tryin to find one right now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tommy that would be great to do a ride along if you get enough runs. Euro, I could bring a digi camera if you wanted. Love to see all the cool Foci.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah man fa show bring that. im trying to get more of the other guys that are going to post on here. but they are all slackers. im hoping for close to 10 foci. anyway, lol once again check back here later tonite. u guys should all email me at [email protected] so i have ur email adds on hand and i can just email the link to the new thread to u as reminder.

i got another foci owner to go and spectate with us too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tommy303 said:
I'll give ride-alongs on all except for one run. That last run will be my run for time, and we usually get 3 or 4 runs. I just saw that there'll be 200 drivers, so we'll most likely only get 3 runs. I'll be glad to take 2 guys; and Euro and JonnyQ have spoken up first. If we get another run, I'll be glad to take RoyalZTS if you want. There's also gonna be another SVTF there, as well as another ZX3 that's modded running in STS class. The ZX3, (Scott) will be at the BBQ later and is a good guy, so I'm sure he'll give a couple of rides as well.

Sounds Great! When should I show up? [:D]

·
Registered
9 Posts
The proposed run order is up and both GS and STS, (where us Foci will be running) race the last heat. If you wanted to be there for the racing tomorrow, plan on showing up somewhere around 1 pm. Sunday, however, we're racing the second heat. That usually starts around 10:30/11:00.

I've never raced a Divisionals race, however, and if things get all weird the times might be off.

Sooooo, either give me a buzz at 303.808.3925 and let me know, or just show up.

See everyone tomorrow or Sunday...[:)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts