Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
ill assume its a manual tranny. sounds like the syncronizers except that you still have 4th. im pretty sure in our cars 2nd 4th and reverse are tied together in such a way that if you loose syncros in 1 of them they all go out. i could be wrong. possibly could be bent shifter from cramming it into 2nd really hard when racing but you wouldn't have problems with getting it into 3rd gear. slave cylinder maby? if its automatic i know it sounds dumb but check the tranny fluid. crank the car and let it run for about 10 minutes on a level surface cut it off and check it. thats all ive got man and i feel like i havent helped any. maby some1 else will have a better idea

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry its 4th it wont go into....and my shifter is very loose ....when i put it into reverse it slowly pops back into neutral and when i hold it place and give gas nothing happens it just revs ..... (i let my brother my car and i think he raced it)

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
if it is the 4th not 3rd then it is syncronizers like the first post said... be sure to rep him bc that is your answer

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
You sure it isn't something simple such as a problem/adjustment in the shift linkage? I'd check that for obvious problems first.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry if this might sound dumb but can you tell me where that is im not familiar with manual trans since this is my first manual trans

1 - 12 of 12 Posts