Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
im thinking a durtech (duraslug) lol i cant wait for mine to comeout i want to be able to run loud and bump again lol

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I have had it with FORD. They call me today to tell me my car is not doing anything weird. They had 4 people drive it they told me and they couldent see what I see. Had my dad drive it who has worked on cars for 30+ years and he said there is something wrong with the trans either the computer needs reflashed or something with the gears ford still says there is nothing wrong with it. what should I do. Im actually thinking of just selling the damn car and buying something not ford. They do not stand behind what they call a warranty even though nowhere else prolly does but ill give them a shot.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well go back and get your car, if its doing it then demand you drive the tech to show him the problem. If they say you can not drive them then demand to ride so you can SHOW them the problems.

Your car is acting up, and if they dont tend to it you can call ford corprate and get them top take care of it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah I told him that i want to drive it and he said that he will call me tomorrow and let me know more hes ganna have a ford rep or something take it out tomorrow morning on the highway and fast roads and i told him tell him to floor the damn thing it will do it for sure when i showed my dad i wasent even flooring it but than when my dad drove it it wouldent do it so he floored it and it did it. but the funny thing is they told me the car hadn't been looked at friday and today he tells me they have driven it several times even some last week and didnt notice anything.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah I told him that i want to drive it and he said that he will call me tomorrow and let me know more hes ganna have a ford rep or something take it out tomorrow morning on the highway and fast roads and i told him tell him to floor the damn thing it will do it for sure when i showed my dad i wasent even flooring it but than when my dad drove it it wouldent do it so he floored it and it did it. but the funny thing is they told me the car hadn't been looked at friday and today he tells me they have driven it several times even some last week and didnt notice anything.
Look, I had the same problem you're describing, except I actually induced mine, and it happened in 1st-2nd as well. I shift like a manual sometimes because being in second at 30 miles an hour and trying to gun past people being slow on ramps. ANYWAY itd hit 40 and no gear change, or 70 and no gear change, with pedal only halfway in. The way I induced it was I forgot to shift to 2nd one time thinking I was in drive but I wasnt, lol, so aftyer that day the car wouldnt shift all the time. The way I fixed it? Reset my ECU, disconnect your battery man it's a ghost gripe, it'll fix itself with time trust me, it did it alittle bit for the next day afetr I reset it, but not as often, not as bad, just hanging revs abit, but it worked itself out, and I bet yours will to. That was 2 months ago, car's shifting perfect just like it did before it all happened.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
DUDE i'm telling you
MY car did the EXACT SAME THING and it was the FUEL PUMP
THE FUEL PUMP
TEST YOUR FUEL PUMP LOL

And it only happened when the car was warmed up and I FLOORED IT

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
mine does it when its cold too thought but im ganna check it all out if it doesent go away

21 - 32 of 32 Posts