Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i was driving normal and when it went from 1 to 2 it was fine and than when it went from 2 to 3 it like overreved and didnt catch the gear so when i let of the gas and got back on it it cought but it was weird. so later on i got on it hard and it did the same thing and now everytime i get on it a littler hard 3rd overrevs before it catches seems like it goed into Nutaral and than to 3rd anyone ever have this problem think ford will cover it?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
If your car is under warrenty ford will cover it, you dont have it chipped or tuned in anyway other than stock do you? If so remove that before taking it in, but other than that they would cover it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only motor mod i have is no muffler or resinator and there is no way they can do anything about the exhuast since it would be a trans problem

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Right, then your all set.

Take it to ford and ask for a rental car b/c for warranty work you are supposed to get a rental ONLY if there is one available. I want to make sure you understand you are not guaranteed one just b/c of warranty.

I get to hear a lot of pissed off people b/c there is not one available and they belive its guaranteed, it just makes them look like total morons.

Jon

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i understand that thanks for looking out for me im going to take it to the small dealership i bought it from instead of bass and they have rentals and i know the dude that works there so ill be sure to call him monday morning and tell him im coming in and i need to make sure there is a rental there.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
yea, thats how I am too. I need the rentals so I try to call in advance too.

Good luck with the work I hope its not too bad.
Jon

PS I like the new Avatar

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heh yeah thanks i was playing around in photoshop and yeah i hope its nothing big my dad told me tomorrow to take the battery cable off for like 10 mins and reset the computer and see if thats it but i doubt it with my luck something happend to the trans and i dont even drive it hard once in a blue moon i get on her really hard if someone playing around or if im passin someone i know.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
NO do not take it off, if it resets and it does not act up for the dealer then they can not start to fix it.

If its doing it let it do it untill you get to the dealer, and like MOST cars its not going to do ity anyway out of spite. LOL

But really dont reset the ECU, the dealer will not even look at it if it does not recreate the problem.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The only motor mod i have is no muffler or resinator and there is no way they can do anything about the exhuast since it would be a trans problem
Hmmm are you telling us you are running a straight pipe? That is not good as the engine is desgined around some back pressure. You will be losing power. I learned this from an exhaust shop on one of my other cars. This could be part of your trouble.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
david i have had the exhuast done for about 4 months now and i never had a problem it all started 2 days ago

·
FF Founder
20,121 Posts
Funny, I had the same problem on mine as well. The only difference is that I have a custom tune on my car. It took a couple of trial and error with setting the shift points on the tune but we managed to fix it.

Since you are still running on the stock tune, I guess your only option is to take it down to the dealer and have them take a look at it. It could be as simple as reloading your tune.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I had that problem and they rebuilt my whole tranny (performance) and I still had that problem. Do you know what it was?
It had those EXACT symptoms

IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP
CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE WASTING YOUR MONEY ON A TRANNY LIKE I DID

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so its in the shop until wedsday it just kept getting worse and worse so hopefully it has a good outcome and doesent cost me anything

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Glad you got it in, what rental are you driving? I had a 05 V6 Taurus and it was the most ball less car I ever driven. LOL

I am willing to bet this does not cost you a thing, so dont worry about that.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i didnt get a rental took it to loyyd manwell ford were i bought it and they had 2 focus' infront of my for trans work and they told me it would be like 3 weeks before they could get to it and they didnt have any rentals in stock so i went to bass and they said they will have an anwser by weds of whats wrong and ill have a rental by monday but i couldent drive it anymore it just kept getting worse and worse damn trans.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah thats what i was told and anyways i only have to work one job this week im off from my other one and the one i work at is a mile down the road and its family owned and ran so im good lol.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im normally on the way home from my other job thats why i driver there cause ive already workd 8 or 10 hrs and than i go there for like 4 hrs lol

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got a zx5 today with leather seats kinda nice but doesent have any balls and all i have is that custom exhaust doesent have the loudness or the take off mine had but who knows hopefully they fix my trans well

1 - 20 of 32 Posts