Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2003 zx3 zetec motor and i just bought a JRSC with BBK. i was wondering what types of upgrades would go smooth with the supercharger kit? any ideas? im thinking about 2.5 exhaust going header back with cat (emissions).so if you guys could help me outthat would be great.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Definitely exhaust work...maybe some stage 2 cams.

Intake etc....

But if you want ATX upgrades.....google Lentech.

·
Registered
324 Posts
maybe it wont be a bad idea if you swap trans... atx to mtx... would be a nice swap. but if you wanna keep the atx get a lsd!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
^^^^ just check his profile. that would be easier than him listing everything again

·
Registered
524 Posts
upgradeing the valve body and tc
make a major difference in how much boost the atx can take

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
upgradeing the valve body and tc
make a major difference in how much boost the atx can take
This.

Uh... the easiest mod would be the valve body. It's very simple, just takes a lot of time because you have to clean RTV off gasket surfaces and do some trial and error with refilling the fluid. You just drop the pan, unplug the wires, and swap out the valve bodies. IIRC it took about 4 hours or so at a slow pace with plenty of breaks. This was behind an autozone on ramps, btw. You're looking at about 500 bucks for this one.

Lentech claims you can run somehting like 6-8 psi of boost with just a valve body mod I believe. You could probably get away with the standard JRSC like this if you add a little extra trans fluid pressure in the tune.

After that you'll want to do torque converter and possibly some new clutches to prevent slipping. I'd recommend these before you use the BBK.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
x3 Lentech is the way to go dude, you'll kill your auto trans in no time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya im getting right now 7psi from the supercharger w bbk and i was thinking about putting like lighter underdrive pullyeys and stuff...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts