Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one rebuilt the auto tranny in an 00-04 ztec car? are any special tools needed and any thing special to look for, I've rebuilt rwd trannys before and some fwd manual trannys, but this is a first for me, I've procured a rebuild kit with bands, clutches, and steels also a new torque converter, for about $250. Please give some input. This will be the 4th tranny in this car. tired of using salvage yard tranny.
ANY HELP WOULD BE WONDERFUL.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
where di you get the kit and is is stovk parts or aftermarket

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i want to make mine stronger it has almost 100k on it and i want it to last for a while and be able to hold a jrsc

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
I would contact some one like lentechautomatics.com if there are special tools I am sure they would have them or sell them , The did the trans in my 700HP Focus and it worked very good

Tom

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The kit came from "Whatever it Takes" in charlotte NC the price is wholesale and the converter is a reman unit with a large core charge, the kit is aftermarket, but it includes the clutches,steels, band, all seals and filter, and the servo piston, just not solinoids. those are prety pricey @ 40-70 each.

Also ?????? A 700HP AUTO??????????
Mine is stock and is ready for its 4th tranny

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
is it a full lantech tranny i heard they were good but my god they are pricey. i drive a daily and just want the tranny to hold up on the few races and hard runs. any advice on the parts i should change after i get the tuning to make the points crisper so that i dnt blow a tranny in the next few years.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
I think there worth every penny , I have one that was custom built with trans brake , LSD , extra clutches , manual valve body and stall converter and is for sale

Tom

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
i have to say i've never heard of an auto transmission with an LSD, didn't know it was possible. i guess that's where it falls under the "custom" category?

btw, how much are you selling it for?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts