Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for something for my car that'll tell me code's and do datalogging but not only my car other car's as well. I want something that'll plug into my laptop. I posted something on focaljet about it and no one could help

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
An X-Cal 2 will do that. You just won't be able to upload your tunes into their car.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the x-cal will not work. i am talking about scanning car's likke honda ford GM and all the rest something that will work with all car not an x-cal i have one and it doesn't work

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
do you have an X-Cal or a X-Cal 2.....completely different animals there.....As long as there's an OBD2 port you should be able to use an X-Cal2, you might have to get different connectors.......

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look i have tried the x-cal on many car's. I have a x-cal2 and it doesn't work. If u don't have a program i can use do not post in the thread

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
well if you don't want any help like on FJ, then keep up the attitude [thumb]

No need to be a jackass

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i aready told u that the x-cal didn't work and u keep knocking my so i need to know smoething i post and no one can help

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey how about someone who give's something that i can use and not say the same thing over and over and over even when i said it dosen't work

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
i aready told u that the x-cal didn't work and u keep knocking my so i need to know smoething i post and no one can help
There's a BIG DIFFERENCE between an X-Cal and a X-Cal2, did you specify either....no.

I would imagine that you could because SCT X-Cal2's are made for Ford and GM's and i'd imagine some others as well.

NOW,
I know Snap-On has some Scan tools, but i'm not a 100% that they datalog to a laptop or datalog period. That's the best i can think of right now

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Lose the attitude man, why would anyone try give advice or help to someone who is rude in return?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I have the X cal 2 and while I can read any ford CEL I can't get Honda's, Dodge, and many others.

Now autozone offers the readers that you can buy but no data logging software, infact I have never heard of a universal datalogger.

Also I agree with the above, lose the attitude. We try to help but with minimal info on the subject the only pperson that you should be pissed at is yourself for thinking we all know EXACTLY what you have and want out of this subject.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
If you wan't to pay some big money, you can get universal data loggers and code readers. My buddy has one at his shop. It's awesome, reads all parameters of the engine, all vitals, codes and all. But, I believe it was very expensive. Like Focusin said though, you can get lower models at auto-zone advanced but I don't think they datalog, just scan.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
I don't think Chris was trying to get an attitude here, it's the way he types.
Right Chris?
And he gets fustrated easily too................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts