Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Which transmission do you have in your 2012 Focus?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Now we are TIED!

I just realized what the H is 'down hill assist? it is for up hill!!

""The 2012 Focus SE has an option called Hill Start Assist, which prevents roll-back for three seconds when on a hill. This will allow the driver to take his/her foot off the brake without rolling back for long enough to use the accelerator and move forward. SEL and Titanium do not have this feature.""

·
Registered
418 Posts
What is Downhill Assist anyway ?
Should be removed from the poll.

·
Registered
313 Posts
anyone know why i can't vote on the poll??

5 speed manual here

·
Registered
459 Posts
All SE's have Down Hill Assist instead of the shifter button. Unless you've opted for the Sport package.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Manual - can't vote.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Now we are TIED!

""The 2012 Focus SE has an option called Hill Start Assist, which prevents roll-back for three seconds when on a hill. This will allow the driver to take his/her foot off the brake without rolling back for long enough to use the accelerator and move forward. SEL and Titanium do not have this feature.""

Not sure why you're saying the Ti doesn't have Hill Start Assist because mine most certainly has it. Use it all the time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
What is Downhill Assist anyway ?
Should be removed from the poll.
I'd bet ANY of the Foci that have the Powershift also have the Hill Start Assist. Try it yourself....position yourself on a fairly sharp incline, press the brake for a short period (you'll feel it lock in), then remove your foot from the brake. Viola! It stays right where it's at.

But you have to hold the brake awhile (few seconds) then you'll feel the pedal give some, then let go.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Now we are TIED!

One other thing....it's not for DOWN hill, it's for UP hill. Think about it, you really don't need assistance if you're facing down hill, right. You roll forward which is the direction you want to go.

Up hill is the issue because you'd have the tendancy to roll backwards, which is NOT the direction you want.

So 'Hill Start Assist' or HSA.

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry to overload this thread, but just found this in an article:

"The PowerShift functions like a standard automatic, but its two clutches allow near instantaneous shifts and improved fuel economy. Tied to the gearbox is Hill Start assist, which holds the brakes for 2.5 seconds to prevent rollback on an incline. The system activates when the incline exceeds 3%"

Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/detroit/2010/1001_2012_ford_focus/viewall.html#ixzz1c6RC14Pu
Then that would mean it doesn't function like a standard automatic. [screwy]

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Manual here.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts