Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 focus auto with fs exhaust, volant cai, udp, hyper ground system and was wondering what kind of results I could see with a racing header and if it's worth moding any more since it is an auto. Thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
First off, what is your goal or plan for your car? Do you ever plan on going with some FI or will you stay strictly NA. Once you know what you plan on doing then you can figure out the best way to save money and headaches down the road. As for headers I wouldn't bother with the full race headers go with the JBA headers but, again it depends on your goals

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not ever doing FI becuace it would cost to much to upgrade the trans or so I've heard. I thought the shorty headers didn't get the results you get from a race header or is that only with heavy mods?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
of course you won't get the results because the cat is still in place, but its better than the car as it is now with a stock header, once the intake/exhaust is finished off. i wouldn't go any further with a stock auto.

do a chip

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So wouldn't it be alot better to go with the race header so there is no cat. would the chip be a better choice than the header.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Focus Sport looks like they are going to have a good chip for the auto but I think it's going to be very expensive with upgrades. Does any one know of a chip for the auto thats out now and is proven to make good results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll check it out. Do you think I should get the header first so the chip can be programmed for it? I'm getting one of the two first so just woundering whats the best way to go about it.[8D]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I would go for the chip.

Are you talking a race header or shorty. You need either a race header or a shorty/hi flow cat combo.

If you are talking a race header then get a flexpipe also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I want to go with a race header to get the most bang for my buck. I heard FS header with flexpipe is good. So where do you think the best place to get the chip is. I want to upgrade this next week. Thanks for you info. I'm new to this stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts