Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to get read of the auto unlock feature I've had the car for over a year and its drivin me nuts with the auto lock and does anyone have any info on the key fobs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rookie teaching a rookie, and the rookie doing the teaching knows how to search.
I spent like 3 hours the other day trying it and i could never get the horn to beep to show it was over i got the seat belt minder off but not the auto lock has anyone got it to work for them and do you have the keyless entry if so does your keyfob work right because my keyfob has to be like 10 feet away before it locks or unlocks the car ive changed the battery but that didnt help

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I spent like 3 hours the other day trying it and i could never get the horn to beep to show it was over i got the seat belt minder off but not the auto lock has anyone got it to work for them and do you have the keyless entry if so does your keyfob work right because my keyfob has to be like 10 feet away before it locks or unlocks the car ive changed the battery but that didnt help
well, none of that stuff bugs me and so i never treid to disable it and i have a viper auto start so i just simply push the unlock button

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want to go get a remote start but i dont have the $ it would be nice for the winters here

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just tried it on 06 this morning, 3 times, and neither time beeped/honked. They still locked as i drove away.

I know there is a different method for the belt chime depending on year, maybe different auto lock depending on year. I used the method in the link above for locks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Posted via FF Mobile
same thing for me idk why it doesnt work and noone has done this and make it workeither

·
Registered
201 Posts
someone posted somewhere that they did it on their 2007 focus and it worked, but i beleive theirs was already disabled and they did it to enable it because they wanted it.

I'll try again later today, maybe just not fast enough :/ or my remote sensor sucks ass and isnt registering my buttons.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Posted via FF Mobilepossibility kinda what im thinkin

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
The autolock procedure worked for me...

The range on my remote sucks too, on every other car it works from 50ft away it seems. I kinda want to put some kind of an antenna on the receiver, if that's possible.

Edit: I just looked at the link and it looks like it's different from what I used. I got this from a UK site.

After doing this, each time you start driving the car will automatically lock.
Ignition ON
Lock and unlock the door three times (push the little lock knob in and out)
Ignition OFF
Lock unlock three times
Ignition ON
Lock and unlock once
The car should beep at you when you get it right.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
If it doesn't work you probably have the other BCM (the Focus has a BCM and not a RAP Module, though the function of both is very similar).

There are 2 different BCM's used in the focus, a 1 plug version which is primarily used in the early models / all 2000's and most 2001's, mid year 2001 they switched to a 3 plug unit and continued to used that until I don't know when, early duratec cars for sure.

I wouldn't doubt, and do believe, the re/programming procedures for each is different. I'll see if I can track down both procedures and post back if I find out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yea, when I do the method in the link, my fobs stop working for like a minute or until I start the car again.
I'm interested in seeing the other methods, and I may try dude's method he posted from UK.
And you guys getting the disable to work, you are doing it on the fob right? or do you use the on-door controls?

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
No, use the door controls! Plus the fob doesn't even work with the ignition ON.

I disabled and enabled it again, I just wanted to see if it worked.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm a little retard short and stout... here is my handle(mrdeath2000), watch me pout.... LOL

Worked... I guess after programming my fobs for my car, I was thinking I needed to use them for this.

The method in the link towards the beginning of page 1 works. USE THE DOOR CONTROLS!!!

Thanks SNIPER!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm a little retard short and stout... here is my handle(mrdeath2000), watch me pout.... LOL

Worked... I guess after programming my fobs for my car, I was thinking I needed to use them for this.

The method in the link towards the beginning of page 1 works. USE THE DOOR CONTROLS!!!

Thanks SNIPER!!!
i could not get them to work for me i believe my focus hates me [gunfire]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts