Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Since I always drive with my lights on no matter what, and being no daylight running lights on my SEL, I'd like to simply cover the light sensor with tape so it is always triggered to the "on" condition. Where is it and is it a bad idea for some reason?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I have actually thought about this. I don't see how it would hurt anything. The sensor is at the front of the dash dead center. It's a little tight up there.

·
Registered
781 Posts
shouldn't be any ill-effects other than shorter bulb life. just cover the sensor up with a nice big piece of duct tape and you should be good.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is a great idea. I cant even count on my hands how many time its been raining and my headlights didnt come on......even with windshield wipers fully on! No one in production would think "oh if the windshield wipers are would it be raining?!" but ya cant have it all

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, but when you live in a brightly lit city, it's easy for me or my gal to forget. Out in the sticks, it's easy to know when they are off - you can't see the deer running into your Focus!!!!

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
True, but when you live in a brightly lit city, it's easy for me or my gal to forget. Out in the sticks, it's easy to know when they are off - you can't see the deer running into your Focus!!!!
Or you could just notice on the display weather the headlight indicator is on or off. [hah]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Well there is a "Rain Light" option in the dash menu but it never seems to work for me!
Works on the high/low speed settings but not intermittent.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Really.. so it doesnt' work with auto lights+auto wipers?
I have the same options. It only works if it's dark out when it's raining... [:(] otherwise you should turn on your headlights manually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts