Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
i know i know,, it's in the manual... i did look there, however, it's not clear
it says that the autolamp delay can be adjusted or turned off thru the 'message center in the instrument cluster' to which i take it means the smaller display 'tween the speedo and tach...
in any case can't seem to figure out how to do this.. feel really dumb cuz i usually don't have problems w/ stuff like this and i'm sure it's really simple
help!
thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hope I get this right:
Using the five way control on the left side of the steering wheel:
Hit the left button a couple times.
Hit the down arrow until you get to settings.
Hit the right arrow.
Hit the down arrow until you get to lighting.
Hit the right arrow.
Hit the down arrow until you get to Hdlamp delay..

·
Registered
184 Posts
for the autolamp you can just leave it in auto and leave the car like that right? when you turn off the car it will be off even tho it's in auto?

so do you guys use the autolamp? or just do it manually? I wonder if it's useful? I mean does it actually turn on the light when it gets dark and turn off when it's not that dark?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yes when set to auto the ligths will turn off when the ignition is turned off. They will also be delayed if set, meaning they will stay on for 20, 40 or 60 seconds after the car is turned off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Auto mode works great but keep in mind when you go to the dealer for any thing like oil change or whatever. make sure its back in auto when you leave my dealer turns it off for what ever reason. every night on my way home from work i count so many people that have there lights off and have no clue. drives me nuts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts