Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do yall think about the mr.clean autodry thing?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Works for the first two times or so, then you have to buy filters constantly. I do however still occasionally use the nozel as it negates the need for a bucket for the most part. Less mess and clean up. Invest in some super plush microfiber towels for drying, or use a leaf blower if you have one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i use a leaf blower but that waste gas and i tried things like shammys and stuff but nothing seems to dry the car good. then i saw the add for the shamwow haha and remembered that i saw a demonstration at a car show and it seemed to do pretty good

·
Registered
978 Posts
i want try one of those shamwows also. i like the leaf blower idea i have an electric one that i am going to try next wash

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
the mr. clean crap left so many streaks on my car and everyone else at my buddies house who used it and we followed the directions exactly. the sham wow is awesome. my friend just bought some at a convention.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Shamwows are the shiz!!! Honestly, I think that this is the best shammy i have ever owned!

man, the makers of shamwow should pay me for advertising their product...haha i do it enough

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
I've never used the autodry product myself, but have heard mixed reviews from those who have, mostly negative.
I have always had great results using my califonia water blade and an absorber

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
I've never used the autodry product myself, but have heard mixed reviews from those who have, mostly negative.
I have always had great results using my califonia water blade and an absorber
the waterblade is the way to go!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
question on the water blade...does it scratch the car at all?! i'm like anal about scratches in my car...however, it seems like the easiest way to dry you car

·
Registered
433 Posts
The absorber was the originator to the shamwow. We've had one for ten years that still works as good as the day we got it. We use it from everything from our boats to cars to inside the house. 8 Dollars at walmart or any auto parts store. You can wash in the machine and reuse if they become dirty. Thats what I've used for the last 3+ years and it has yet to scratch my foci.

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
The thing with the water blade and scratches is you need to keep the blade clean, not let it ay on the ground or foor or anything, I store mine with the blade facing up on a shelf, and when I use it, I constanly pinch the edge and run my fingers down it, wiping away any potential dust or debris, and I can honestly say I've never had one scratch while I've been using it.

question on the water blade...does it scratch the car at all?! i'm like anal about scratches in my car...however, it seems like the easiest way to dry you car

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I'll vouch for the water blade too!

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i used the Autodry since i bought the car in 05. it is the best thing next to sliced bread. you must follow the directions to the T if you want a quality job. i NEVER had one complaint with it either. my friends all come to my house just to use the Mr. Clean. my car is black and i could wash it in 90+ degrees at noon witht the sun shining down hard and hot. normally a car wash in these conditions on a black car would equal disaster. not with the Mr. Clean. the secret is to keep the car wet, thats all. until its time for the spotfree rinse. 2 thing have steered me away though. the price in soap and filters. its 12 dollars every other week or so. depending on how many times you wash it. on top of that, many stores arent carrying it anymore. walmart and autozone are the only 2 i know of and both are entirely across town. i normally use 2 bottles of soap for every filter. and with a black car, i was washing it 1-2 times a week. the other thing is that i am led to believe that it strips wax, even though the company says that it doesnt. when i wash the car with the mr clean, the mit feels like its really picking up alot of goo. like im smearing stuff. but with normal car wash/bucket, when i run the mit over the paint, it feels freshly waxed. im guessing it has something to do with the "dry-rinse polymers" in the spot-free rinse. the best thing you can do is to give it a try. if you dont like it, big deal. it is however very nice not having to dry the car. looking back, i didnt have to dry the car for 3+ years. yeah, that means my car didnt see a chamoi(sp?) or a drying utensil at all!!! now that im bucket washing, i HATE drying the car. with the autodry, it was so easy!!!! now i see more scratches cuz of the drying process. (i think)
maybe ill go back. im in the middle of the car wax theory right now. but darn the expense! bucket of car wash will last months and its only 6 bux. the mr clean is waaaaay more than that. considering i do car shows nearly every weekend in the warmer months.

wow, i need to learn how to use the enter key. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts