Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question. I know my doors automatically lock when I start driving. The question is the interval ( time/distance before they lock ) Sometimes when I leave work ( I work from 10pm-7am ) They don't like till around 7 miles down the road. Other times they lock within the first 10-15 feet or less. On my old car ( '03 Focus Sedan ) They locked within the 10-15feet roughly all the time. My '06 is the odd ball one. Thanks for the info everyone.

·
Registered
738 Posts
They are supossed to lock when you go over 5 MPH. Even if it's in reverse.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
"Mine don't do that..."

It is a selectable feature on some power lock equipped models. The Owners manual explains how to activate or deactivate this feature.

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
So that could explain why it doesn't auto lock :-D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that there suppose to lock over 5mph... But sometimes, i'll go several miles ( 7-8+) at 55+ and they aren't locked till I slow down to about 30ish. I have it on, too lazy to disengage it lol. Just curious if anyone else had that sort of problem with them. Was just a bit odd is all. BTW. Thanks for the input everyone. /bow[wave]

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
mine seems to do the same, sometimes it locks about 30 seconds after i start the engine, sometimes it locks after i engage into drive, it's an ATX. Really doesn't bug me though, probably would if they locked like Andy04180's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts