Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around in the information center and noticed I had an auto dimmer sub menu under Lighting. It was on auto. Of course the dimmer doesn't work. I wonder if I take it to the dealer if they will tell me that is another option this SE doesn't have. Anyone else have auto dimmer and does it work?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Take it off auto and you will have MANUAL control over the dimmer.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The menu item you see is to control whether the dash lights and screens always dim (manual) when you turn on the headlights.
OR
If the dash lights and screen stay bright during the day when you turn on the headlights (auto) and also get dim at night when you turn on the headlights.

So that particular menu item ONLY does what i wrote above.
The actual toggle for dimming control variable is next to the headlight switch.

It took me weeks to figure out the auto allowed the dash and screen to stay bright. Becuse i putzed around and set it to manual without really knowing what it did.
So then in the rain, I would turn on the headlights DURING THE DAY and the screen etc would get so dim i could not read it.
DUH.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was looking around in the information center and noticed I had an auto dimmer sub menu under Lighting. It was on auto. Of course the dimmer doesn't work. I wonder if I take it to the dealer if they will tell me that is another option this SE doesn't have. Anyone else have auto dimmer and does it work?
In my Ti, I've noticed that the auto dimer works well ... making more brightness adjustment than just bright w/ no lights and dim w/ headlights on.
Also, while in auto dim, I've been able to force manual dimming by holding down either the + or - dim button for a few seconds. Once that discovery was made, I navigated back into my dimming control and observed that it was still set to auto dim ... interesting.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What an idiot I am. I thought the switches next to the light and the auto dimming were two different things. I thought the auto dim was for the headlights.

·
Registered
683 Posts
No worries, Steve. "To err is human..."

[cheers]

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
In my Ti, I've noticed that the auto dimer works well ... making more brightness adjustment than just bright w/ no lights and dim w/ headlights on.
Also, while in auto dim, I've been able to force manual dimming by holding down either the + or - dim button for a few seconds. Once that discovery was made, I navigated back into my dimming control and observed that it was still set to auto dim ... interesting.
My guess is once you adjust it down to where you like it won't go any brighter than that in auto mode until you turn the brightness up again. I appreciate you sharing your findings on this subject. I just wish we could dim the high beam indicator.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
683 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts