Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Basically I have been interested in putting a few basic bolt ons on my focus. The question I am ultimately asking is will particular products from America fit on my Australian focus(right hand drive).

The first product I was wondering about is the AEM cold air intake. I can easily get the AEM cold air intake shipped to me from America but obviously I want to make sure it fits on my car.

I am also looking at at upgrading my spark plug wires and coil pack, I already know this product will fit on my car.

Also, the diablosports chip. Does anyone know where the ECU is located in Australian ford foci? I know its not behind the glovebox as I have already taken the glove box out and had a look around there. I have my suspisions that it is going to be somewhere on the drivers side(right hand side of the car) as it is in left hand drive foci.

So in all I guess I want to know, is the engine/engine bay area the same in right hand drive foci as in left hand drive foci?

Thanks for the help,
Michael.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
the engine bay should be identicle to ours, not sure though cause the euro guys are usually on FFOC . as far as the ecu, you will have to replace yours. the diablosport and sct programmers only work for the american ecu's since they hook up through our obd2 ports. there is also a difference in code locking on the euro ecu as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else knows whether it was fit. I trust the information I have recieved but you know, you can never be too sure. Will the AEM cold air intake fit my zetec>?

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
post up a pic of your engine bay

it should be the same as ours.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Also try european performance parts dealers, youd have better luck with their stuff fitting than stuff from america.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts