Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
car looks awesome. i love the black headlights. do you plan on painting the grille as well?

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am still on the fence about it. I like the way it makes the remaining chrome in the headlights stands out, but I like the blacked out look as well.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
car is lookin good Tim... likin the blacked out look, thats what im doin with mine.

what kinda wheels are they?

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are Enkei RS6 17". I may go ahead and paint the grille this weekend if you guys motivate me enough.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
PAINT THAT GRILLE!, PAINT THAT GRILLE! LOL

are they aftermarket headlights or did you take them apart and paint the housing??..im blacking out my whole car and i dont want the bright chrome headlights to stick out like a sore thumb... but im kinda afraid to take them apart, cuz i'll screw it up somehow..lol

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, alright, alright...I'll do it this weekend.

And yeah, I took them apart. Man it took like 8 hrs to do it, maybe 9. It took maybe 30 minutes to get them out the car, 5 hrs to heat and pry apart, 1 hr to scuff and paint and reseal with silicone (after taking all the old stuff out). And another 2 hrs to dry and install.

There really isn't a way you can mess them up, just make sure you wear surgical gloves, because those grubby hand prints with silcone drys quick and lmost impossible to get out...I just have a couple streaks on the inside.

·
Registered
295 Posts
DONT NOT PAINT THE GRILLE!!!!!!!!!!11!!

I left mine chrome and it looks wayyyyyyy better.

IMO

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
paint it!
looks great man!!!
hot cars and hot women, all a man needs right?

oh wait, i forgot beer.[thumb]

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Looks great man!! [thumb] I don't know what to tell you about the grill though, I think it'd look great either way.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looks like an awesome ride!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks awesome, I'm dying to paint my headlights... I just don't have the motivation to put them in the oven.

And congrats on the baby as well!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
loving that sedan... i like the painted grille or color matched st grille thats what i did on my black zx3 and i love it!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
eazyrider_tim said:
I forgot to add, theres a baby in that lady there!
Congrats man!! And nice looking car too! Def. paint the grill, just gives it that extra flair!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts