Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the info for anyone who might be interested.
August 13th at Lordstown High School in Lordstown, Ohio. Sponsored by the ASCC (Akron region). I'm planning on going and it'll be my first one. They had one there already on July 16th, but of course, I spent the whole day at work and didn't get to make it. Any other info can be found at their website (www.autox.net).
Soooooooo, anyone else want to attend with me? Brian, I know you should for sure, in the hatch of course [thumb]

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
I'll be there, depending on what may happen I may be running the ST. I may start my winter project early and start building the engine(bottom end, ported head, etc...) in the hatch[:D] I will definately be there though, it'll be sweet[thumb]

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome. the one guy that i work with is going as well. hes got a gutted (rear seats back) celica GTS. my car should handle like its on rails. i'm putting my pro-dampers and Eibach anti roll kit on tomorrow night [:D] i can't imagine what class i'm gonna fall into, all i know is i'm gonna get my ass whopped lol.

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
at an aut-x one time I was told, "You're not going fast enough if you don't hit cones" So just mash that pedal and steer away lol. In all honesty though, it's really not how fast you are, it's how quick you get through the cones. I'll probibly get my ass handed to me too, especially if I run the hatch, most of my racing lately has been at the drag strip.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i need to go shopping for a helmet. i'll probably be lookin around at the local bike shops and then go inernet shopping. what Snell rating does it have to have this year?

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
Snell rating can be up to ten years old, ex: In 2005 the oldest helmet you could use was a snell 95, so for this year I'd have to say a snell 00 or newer. To be honest I'm not too hip on the snell rating system, I may have just made that number up. lol. But I'm pretty sure that's how they rate the 2000 year helmet.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do think you're right on the snell ratings. i'll have to go shop around and see what I can find. i don't want to have to spend a fortune on a helmet.

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
I hear ya on that one. On a side note they usually have loaner helmets at the event so you may be able to get away with not having to rush and buy one. I know I'm gonna look around, but if I can't find a helmet I want at a decent price, I'm not just gonna buy one.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eww, loaner. no thanks. lol. if i have to i'll borrow my dad's motorcycle helmet (although i think it's only DOT approved not Snell)

Devon, i'm sure you're been reading over this, where you at??

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sooooooooo, anyone else wanna go?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
focuson03 said:
Devon, i'm sure you're been reading over this, where you at??
I just saw this thread. I am on call unfortunately [:(] But i'll see if i can get someone to cover for me, or atleast check on a couple of things and i 'should' be able to most of them over the phone. I really want to go and i think i just might. This will probally be the only auto-x that i go to this year and it's already sounding like a good one......

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it'll be the only one that I can make it to as well. see if OrangeSVTGuy can make it too. . .

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
I'm definately going to be running the sedan. The hatch is about to undergo a major transformation[}:)]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
are you going to change your name to TIRESSMOKER?[;)]

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
there's a good chance I may have to.lol When I'm done with this thing it's definately gonna need a diff. Hopefully I'll have her running again by early/mid October. I'm gonna take her for her final drive and dyno this weekend[:D]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i'm already going [:D]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
tiresmoker said:
there's a good chance I may have to.lol When I'm done with this thing it's definately gonna need a diff. Hopefully I'll have her running again by early/mid October. I'm gonna take her for her final drive and dyno this weekend[:D]

Give me a yell if you need a hand or anything. I don't mind lending my little knowledge about cars. I can always learn more! 2 heads are.........um........something or another........lol [thumb]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
damn i was hoping tiresmoker would have broght his zx3 [:(] would have loved to see him paint the fastest line in rubber for all of us.

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
OrangeSVTguy said:
damn i was hoping tiresmoker would have broght his zx3 [:(] would have loved to see him paint the fastest line in rubber for all of us.
Maybe I'll hold off a week or so and bring the hatch out for one last go with the zetec[:D]

lildisco said:
Give me a yell if you need a hand or anything. I don't mind lending my little knowledge about cars. I can always learn more! 2 heads are.........um........something or another........lol
wanna learn how to drop a new engine in [}:)]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
tiresmoker said:
wanna learn how to drop a new engine in [}:)]
[woot]

1 - 20 of 120 Posts