Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the audiophile 6-disc changer, subwoofer setup in my SVT.

I was wondering if anyone has changed speakers, or added amps to the system.

It's a pretty good stock stereo, but I am ready to improve it.

If anyone has already tweaked their system, I'd appreciate some info.

Thanx! [:D] [thumb]

·
Registered
764 Posts
Tossed in 1 12" Appocolipse. nothing more than this is needed for such a small air space.
Replaced factory spkr's with Infinity.
Replaced factory amp with U.S. high current 4 ch.
Also a U.S. 400 high current.
31 band Eq
battery isolater and second battery.
factory deck. just wanted to keep that stock apearence.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Im thinking about putting in 2 memphis 12's I got the hook up on them so I'm proly gonna ill tell ya how it goes [thumb]

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shady r,

Where is the factory amp located? I haven't done much investigating into the car myself. Just trying to get as much info as possible before I buy-do anything.

Do you now have 800 watts total output?

How does it sound?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Look into JL Audio. They have an 8-inch sub that out performs everything! It costs about $450 for a single 8-inch, but that is all you need.

I was about to buy the single 8, but then saw it weighed 24 lbs! I'll just keep the stock system to keep the weight down.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i have 2 12'' Polk Audio / MOMO's with a Audiobahn a8000t amp that i have in the car, but not hooked up yet lol.........btw will that JL audio W7 8" sub fit in the stock subs area (doesnt look like it)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
JL Audio is good and there well known but memphis is better

·
Registered
36 Posts
JL's are really good, i had those in my Blazer. The Stock amp w/ the audiophile is located above the stock 8 in sub, under the carpeted cover. My car is running all stock speakers but i put an alpine 60 X 4 watt head unit in. It sounds better plus i can control the amout of bass to the sub separatly from the bass to the speakers. As soon as i win the lottery ill put some aftermarket speakers in, for now its all going under the hood. I only got the alpine because my stock 6 cd changer crapped out on me and i don't have warranty

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think my first step will be to put in a 400-500 watt amp...leave the factory speakers in til they blow up...then upgrade the speakers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What you should see about doing is getting that manly amp your talkin about and use the stock amp for the speakers, i haven't looked at it but you could probably bridge the stock amp to all four of them. you should check that out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Elementa, you should like that amp, I have the a8002t bridged and the only thing I don't like are the finiky gain, make sure you spend some time adjusting it correctly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually Im really impressed with both of the soundstream amplifiers. I used to stick mainly to Precision Power and Xtant, but took a chance here with the Soundstreams since I was looking for the right amount of power in a small enough package to hide them where I wanted. Still have some fine tuning to do with the gains and xovers---but already sounds nice and clean! [thumb]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually Im really impressed with both of the soundstream amplifiers. I used to stick mainly to Precision Power and Xtant, but took a chance here with the Soundstreams since I was looking for the right amount of power in a small enough package to hide them where I wanted. Still have some fine tuning to do with the gains and xovers---but already sounds nice and clean! [thumb]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts