Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i wanna install an aftermarket radio but i dont want the original amp and sub because i am gonna add an aftermarket amp and sub of my own. do i need the steering wheel controls? what happens if i dont connect the 3rd plug to anything? I'm clueless about the whole audiophile system. please help me out.

thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
IMPORTANT QUESTION....please someone help

ok i wanna install an aftermarket radio but i dont want the original amp and sub because i am gonna add an aftermarket amp and sub of my own. do i need the steering wheel controls? what happens if i dont connect the 3rd plug to anything? I'm clueless about the whole audiophile system. please help me out.

thank you

p.s. i know this is the wrong forum but this forum is the only one that actually answers my questions.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The third plug is the substitute for RCA and remote wires for the factory gear. Once you have installed your aftermarket head unit, you can simply tuck that harness out of the way.

Alternatively you can use your factory sub/amp with your aftermarket head unit, there is a great how to with pictures in the audio forums.

-Technyne

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You'll get way more help in the audio section, this shouldn't be here.

·
Registered
545 Posts
the audiophile system is just a better stereo from the factory comes with the controles and the sub and better door speakers

its your car you can rip out anything you want. basically you install a stereo just like you do in a 83 civic. There is adapters to hook the factory steering wheel controles into aftermarket decks (see the links on my signature for more information about all this) you dont need to have the stereo in the car to have the car operate normally.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to “Car Audio & Electronics”
And...merged with duplicate thread from Performance Chat...

p.s. i know this is the wrong forum but this forum is the only one that actually answers my questions.
Seems to me, you got plenty of help from the proper forum. [???:)]

Check brawls43 reply in your other thread...
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83948

1 - 7 of 7 Posts