Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the audiophile package and i noticed that there is a buzzing sound coming fron the underbody when the music is turned up. i was wondering how to fix it, and if it would be covered under warrenty.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I have a 03 svt ith an audiophile package. It might differ from your though. Ihaven't noticed any buzzing but it sounds like it might be a wiring issue. In my old bimmer the buzzing would increase with the rpms. It sounded like a rocket taking off. It sounds like a warranty issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry let me rephrase that. its not really a buzzing, comming from the speakers like you are talking about, which would be some kinda interferance. it is a rattleing sound. turn up the bass all the way and turn it up. u should hear what i am talking about. i first thought it was the heat shield at the rear of the car, but im not too sure about that now

·
Registered
571 Posts
could be the car's way of begging for a decent stereo........... j

·
Registered
132 Posts
Turn it down a hair! The 8" isn't a competition sub!

There are several bolts that hold it down. Lift the carpeted tire cover in the back, take a 10mm socket and make sure they are tight... I think! there are 3 bolts into the floor of the car and 2 into the side... If they are loose it might be the source of your issues...

If not take it to the dealer and tell them there is a rattle! Be persistant!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these rattles are not comming from there. they are comming from the body of the car, the hatch or somewhere else on the body. i dont know exactally where.

so this stuff should be covered under warrenty?????

·
Registered
13 Posts
you might check the liscense plate, mine rattles insanly (though I do have a hx2 12") and even though the audiophile 8" is not a 12" If you have a plate braket it could be loose. If you've got a hatch you might check the cover over the cargo area that goes up with your hatch. Or consider buying cheep tweeters so you can hear it, or much of anything for that matter.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i have a 12" DVC sub, the rattling you are hearing is from the gas tank shield. It's a big piece of shielding underneight your car, shielding your exhaust tubing from the gas tank... You can't take it off (you could, but ford put it there for a reason). Get some underbody coating that has sound deadening ability. Spray it all over that biatch, it'll take care of it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
if you notice the vibration is coming from exactly _underneath_ the car, then it might be a heat shield. they put thin pieces of metal over the catalytic converter, because it gets very hot and you don't want to start a fire if you take a turnaround on some dry grass or something.

catalytic converter heat shields are usually tacked on at 4 corners, if one or more of the corners rusts off or otherwise lets go, it's direct metal-on-metal vibration. usually, this is noticed when you're revving the engine, not the stereo, but it might be the problem.

you should be able to turn your engine off, turn the stereo up and locate the vibration. shut the windows, too, so you can concentrate on hearing the vibration (and not the tunes).

typically though, as somebody mentioned, license plates are also notorious for rattles, especially since nowadays they're only held on with 2 bolts instead of 4.

good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well thanks alot. at first i thought it was the liscense plate frame, but then i put 4 bolts in it and the noise didne stop. then i put my exaust tip on with the radio on and i believed that it was comming from the heat shield about the muffler. i guess ill just see what i can do and let you guys know how it works out. thanks again!!![:D]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts