Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was driving home for lunch today and was listening to my chemical romance cd and all of a sudden my sub just stopped, all other 4 speakers are still working, just the sub stopped. What can I do to fix this?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Check wiring...
a Volt-Ohm-Meter will help you find out of power is being supplied to the amp/speaker... If it is, check to see if there is a fuse built into the amp or something.

just casual driving caused this? When my sub/amp went out in the past, It was because I slammed on the brakes when I was traveling way too fast toward a yellow light...

didn't hit a big pothole or speedbump did ya?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant afford to upgrade atm, but I was just sitting at a stop light and boop it went out. When I get it back from the tranny shop I will check both fuses. Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I checked out the sub finally tonight, I took the whole encloser apart and found nothing wrong or any fuses at all. I looked in all the fuse boxes and saw none that were blown or any indacated for the sub. But, I closed the hatch today after I picked it up from the tranny shop and it worked for maybe one song then stopped again. Any ideas?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had my sub work and then go out after 2 days of it working when it wanted i was ready to fix it I remember pulling the head unit out and unplugging it and the plugging it all back in and installing it the weekend before. I then pulled my head unit out to have a peek as I had it playing and sub was not working. I looked at all the plugs and I think it is a yellow one that I have to force back in as it was not tight and soon as I did the sub worked again..

I think my sub is on the last leg they want 325 for the amp encloser and sub and they will sell the amp alone... just not the sub alone..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts