Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2003 Zx5 SVT. I have the 9006 Audiphile sound system from the factory and I don’t know if it’s starting to die or what. I have no CDs in the radio but every time I crank the car the CD player sounds like it’s moving CDs around for about 5 minutes. Also, my volume knob is completely messed up and when I try to turn it up or down it does the opposite or does nothing at all. Anyone got any input on how to fix it or is it on its way out? If so what’s the best replacement that allows me to keep my subwoofer and looks the best? Thanks!

·
Trump 2016
12,968 Posts
Sounds Like it needs to be replaced. Best bet go to crutchfield replaced mine with a kenwood. The audiophile is known to act up.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
very typical issues with that radio actually...
easy fix =3 replace it

·
Trump 2016
12,968 Posts
Forget what it's called but you will also need the component so your stalk control will work with aftermarket radio. Cost is 100.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you don't have a high end sound system in your car, I've had good luck with those in dash navigation/ DVD players on Amazon. The first one I bought came with the steering wheel control adapter and everything necessary for GPS. Around 250$ shipped. I bought another one as well, but it is a tad different. Both work really well and newer one even let's you surf the web with your phone hotspot. My only complaint is the sound quality isn't as good as the top end brands. Its not bad by any means, and it's kinda hard to tell the difference with a stock speakers. But when adding amplification you start to notice it. I'm the other hand, most people wouldn't notice it at all

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just bought a Pioneer Digital media receiver (no CD player) for about $100 from Crutchfield. With the adapter and harness they sell, it should work with the SVT steering wheel controls and factory sub. Whole package was ~$175. Crutchfield’s website doesn’t show the 2002 Focus with factory sub, but look at metra harness p/n 70-1777 (no sub/amp is 70-1770).

I hope this helps.

OJ

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. Long time since i've been on here but definitely missed it. I still have my 9006 audiophile and I am leaning towards a new replacement. I found a re-manufactured one on ebay but I honestly don't want to risk running into more problems. I like the fit and finish of stock, but we are quickly approaching 2020 and I need some upgraded tech. Thanks again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts