Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a new SVT Focus without the premium sound package. If I can buy the complete premium sound package out of wrecked car will it plug into my factory harness and allow me to run the sub etc. or does the premium sound package have different wiring?

Note: Mine is 03 the package is from 02

Thanks for any help

Brandon

·
Registered
571 Posts
nope. different wiring. if you know what your doing, you could get the harness from the same car you buy the deck out of, and wire it in yourself, but for the time an effort that would take, i'd say you'd be much better off going aftermarket.

wait, after thought..
you'll need to at least cut off the harness from the car you get the deck out of, so you'll have somthin to plug into the new deck, and then buy a wiring harness that you would use to wire in an aftermarket deck. use the bought harness to go between the harness from your car and the harness from the deck.... if you've installed an aftermarket deck before you'll probally know what i'm talkin about. I'm sure that would work....

·
Registered
571 Posts
CowsGoMoo said:
Definetly invest in an aftermarket system, there's NO sense at all in getting the oem top top model when even a crappy aftermarket one would out perform.
Yeah, i agree. plus, even if you can decipher my previous ramblings, which i'm still sure would work, it be easier to install aftermarket. less hassle. [boxface]

·
Registered
549 Posts
The audiophile package is not worth getting...get aftermarket! My opinion though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
if you gusy paid attentuion he has a wrecked focus with the audiofile system in it. so its a freebie technically. and if no one knew this. the focus radios are actually manufactured by blaupunkt so they are pretty good for stock radios.a dn some peopel actually like to keep there cars looking original

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I personally like the audiophile package. I think it sounds great and isn't overly obnoxious as far as how loud it is. I used to have a huge system in my mustang so i know what aftermarket quality sounds like and as far as I am concerned Audiophile is pretty well up there as far as sound and quality. Still won't beat aftermarket stuff but i would much rather spend my money on looks,engine, TV screens than to spend more money on something that is already on the car and does basically the same thing as the old part (i.e. Radio plays radio stations and CD's same as aftermarket radio) Just my opinion but who cares about that anyways?!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
onefastfocus02 said:
if you gusy paid attentuion he has a wrecked focus with the audiofile system in it. so its a freebie technically. and if no one knew this. the focus radios are actually manufactured by blaupunkt so they are pretty good for stock radios.a dn some peopel actually like to keep there cars looking original

I see the words "IF I CAN BUY...." not sounding like a freebie to me. pay attention.

second, yes we all know blaupunkt makes the stock HU's for the focus. Unfortunatly, even the good companies make shit to go along with their good stuff. Dont believe me? go buy a set of Alpine or Kenwood speakers from Walmart. paper coned POS. While your there, pick up an Alpine HU, they ussually dont last a month. Yes, Blaupunkt is a good brandname that makes some excellent products. they also make shit. the focus HU's are a perfect example. As far as a stock system, it is very decent. if you want better than decent, you're lookin aftermarket..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hmm, I have the Audiophile package on my ZX3 and I have no complaints whatsoever. I used to be big into car audio stuff to and then got more into performance. If your looking for a great sound system, get aftermarket, but if you just listen to it casually, there's nothing wrong with the Audiophile stuff.

·
Registered
571 Posts
yeah, thats basicly what i was trying to say. it depends what you want. If your into car audio, and want a good system, the audiophile stuff wont impress you any. if you just want a decent cd player, then hell, the audiophile system is great.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I work in bestbuy home audio. People come in all the time and ask me what's the best to get, blah blah. Every time i tell them this: "What's your budget, in the end, with audio products, you get what you pay for, set a budget, then go down the aisles and turn every speaker to the same radio station, then play them all and compare to what's the best to YOUR ears" I sell them what they need, not what i think they should have. So in the end, you will get what you pay for, if you pay a small bill for that gutted svt system, expect to get mediocre audio performance, plus plan on spending a ton of time hooking that sucker up. You're best off investing your money in a entry level head unit/speakers. Sony makes some really nice HU's cheap, and pioneer/rockford fosgate make some good speakers cheap, too.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
...and then leave best buy and talk to your friends because people always upgrade their soundsystems and sell them privately. New stuff is good if you don't want to hook it up and want a warranty (like myself) but if I was to buy a system on a budget I'd just buy a used system.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the Audiophile 6 CD system in my SVTF, and I am very impressed with it. It is by far the best OEM sound system I have ever heard. The sound is fantastic and with 270 watts it turns up louder than I would ever listen to with out blowing out my ears. Anyone who has ever riden in my car without exception, says the sound system is "Killer".

My son has the 2002 Mach Audio ZTS with the 6006 Mach system, and with over 400 watts it is very nice too. My only reservation with this system is the the way it loads CD's.

Of course my old ears (well over 40) may not be as sophisticated as you young folks. But years of wisdom has taught me this..... more does not always equal better.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
besides, your riding in a noisy car. The audiophile system hasn't giving me a problem, and I like the way it sounds. It is plenty clear, and with the subwoofer, you get a lot better seperation from the other speakers. Nearly a component system. It was worth the money for the option.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts