Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am about to buy an 07 ZX3 SES. I am super excited and can't wait to get the car. The only issue I am having is that I cannot get a car with the Audiophile stereo (only the standard 6-cd changer). Does anyone out there have the audiophile system? Is it worth the extra $$ or am I better off going aftermarket to get better sound? Also, does anyone know what the actual differences are between the audiophile and the regular system? I know the a-phile has a subwoofer, but I am trying to figure out where they mount it from the factory?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
I have the audiophile system and love it! Of course you're going to get better sound from aftermarket stuff anyway, but if you're not hell bent on having a kick a** sound system then the audiophile is more than sufficient I would say. It has just the right amount of bass for me. Adds a good amount of thump without being overpowering. I would say yes, it's worth the extra $$

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention, the factory sub is very nicely integrated into the driver's side of the hatch on the '02, not sure if they changed locations for the '07 but they probably didn't. Another + for the audiophile in my opinion. Even if you do plan on upgrading the sub later, you can modify the box to fit up to a 10" sub fairly easily and it will still be seamlessly integrated into the car...what I mean by that is No huge/fugly boxes just sitting in the hatch.

·
Focus Rookie
183 Posts
fastfocus123 said:
Hello everyone. I am about to buy an 07 ZX3 SES. I am super excited and can't wait to get the car. The only issue I am having is that I cannot get a car with the Audiophile stereo (only the standard 6-cd changer).
Just order your car EXACTLY the way you want it from the factory, if you don't HAVE to get a car right away. It only takes about a month to get it (it's what I did with my 07 ZX3 SES w/ audiophile) and you'll be happier than if you settled for whatever the dealer has on the lot without the stereo setup (and other options) you want.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
the audiophile system is pretty nice with the sub being tucked away on the driver's side. It is worth it? You could easily get a better system aftermarket, but I personally never feel like messing with the stereo system so that's why I got it. It is a pretty nice sounding system though. The bass won't blow you away, but it is nice and clear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts