Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an '04 SVT with Audiophile system a couple weeks back.

Noticed I can turn on the radio/CD without putting the key in.

Is that a feature or a wiring glitch?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yes its a normal feature. It will stay on for an hour. Notice when you push the volume knob to turn it on, the display will say: 1HOUR.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aha.

My LCD display is all bolloxed up, since I got the car. It shows nothing half the time and Egyptian heiroglyphics the other half. So I didn't see that it was giving me a message.

I am taking the car for warranty service for the display, and was wondering if they needed to look at the wiring too.

Good to know that it will only run for an hour like that also.

Between the display not working, and the delay between pushing the button and actually getting sound out of it, there have been a couple of times I could have sworn the radio was turning itself back on after I killed the engine, and I was worried it would just start itself up in the middle of the night and drain the battery.

Thanks for the info, I will sleep better.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Nah, its just the head unit.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Will that work on an 06 ST. Audiophile

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
i'm gonna run outside and try it right now. brb.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I have never seen the new radios do that, post up if they do.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I pushed the button, held the button and nothing, gotta have the key in there one click.

·
Registered
545 Posts
it is not a glitch, the factory has a little ECU for power managment one of the features is this. however i thought it only worked when the car was shut off after run, not all the time.

changes to this are in the ECU upgrades, i can narrow it down for you but i would need your ECU revision (ODBCII will tell you this) i dont really want to read the ECU notes for all the versions out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts