Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have the base single disc CD player in SVT with no sub/amp. I heard the factory sub the other day and decided I wouldn't mind having such a setup, but I do have a few questions: Is the factory sub wiring common to all SVT's, or do I have to wire the factory sub in? Also, are the other four speakers upgraded from mine? how about the stock headunit power?

Also, is there anyone out there looking to sell their stock 6-disc changer or sub/amp? I'm not gonna pay alot because it really isn't worth much to me as the basic system I have is fine..but if I can get a deal on some stuff, well then you know....

Thanks in advance,
Nick

·
Registered
515 Posts
If I remember right from previous discussions, if you don't have the Audiophile package already, then you don't have the wiring for it, either. You would have to wire it in yourself, and seeing as how that would be an incredible undertaking, you'd just be better off with an aftermarket setup.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I've had thousands of dollars in aftermarket stereo equipment over the years, all of which was self-installed...but I outgrew the stage. So, I'm confident I can wire it myself. Thanks for the info though[thumb]

Nick

·
Registered
515 Posts
I wasn't insinuating that you didn't know what you were doing. I was simply saying that to wire up a stock Audiophile system into an SVT that didn't come with it to begin with is going to be a little harder than you think. It has to be wired together the way Ford meant for it to be in the first place, and since you don't have the Audiophile harness in your car, it's going to be a pain in the ass. That's all I meant. But if you want to do it, knock yourself out. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Here's my opinion,
I've heard the audiophile system with the sub in a 5 door SVT and it was OK.

When I got my '03 ZTW wagon with the Blau MP3 head unit, the first thing I did was add a built in sub with amp and coax 5x7s in the front doors. I think it sounds better than the audiophile system.

I agree with LiquidGrayZX5 that it would be easier, cheaper and better to do it with aftermarket stuff.
I like the big faceplate and buttons and the way the factory head unit integrates with the rest of the car.
The audiophile speakers are most likely coax's, standards are definately not.
About the wiring, I don't know but when I decided that I wanted factory fog lights, the wiring was already there.
I would poke around near where the sub goes and behind the head unit and see what's there. You may get lucky.

Have fun!

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's what I'm trying to say though... If you don't have the Audiophile system in your car, then you don't have the wiring for it either. We've had a conversation about this before and I believe this is the conclusion we came to.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
liquid, sorry for the misunderstanding.

As far as the wiring goes, I'll take a look. The only reasons I am even considering the factory sub/amp is because it sounds decent, fits nice and flush, won't overload the factory electrical system, and I can get it pretty cheap(at least I'm told...). As far as the other speakers go, I'd probably just replace those with some MB Quart components. But a sub/amp combo that fits nice and doesn't take up much room is convenient for me. Yeah, I can make a fiberglass box to fit in the same spot, get a better sub and make more bass...but all at the added expense and time.

So, if anyone has any spare components laying around, maybe I'll take them off your hands.

Nick

·
Registered
515 Posts
I totally understand. I like the look of stock components much better also. They look like they belong there, well, because they do. They fit well, and perform correctly with the vehicle. I wanted to add the audiophile to my car, as I already had the 6 disc changer, but the harness wasn't there for the audiophile components.

·
Registered
11 Posts
get the audiphile box and add your own woofer and amp. just as cheap and the audophile box only takes a little modification to fit a 10 sub, from what I am told. you get the look of the stock and the ease of a prebuilt box, but the quality of aftermarket equipment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts