Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up my audiophile sub/amp up to my Kenwood Excelon 679 and I'm getting some buzzing through the sub. It is really only audible when the volume is really low (or at 0), but its still there. Is this amp noise common? Otherwise, it sounds great.

I was thinking it might be an issue with my modified RCA cable, but I'd rather see if anyone else ran into this before I go troubleshooting.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't have to make a ground because I just used the factory harness. Plugged it in at the sub, and connected three wires up at the HU. Like I said, it sounds good except for this buzzing at low volume. I can live with it, but I'd rather fix it. I can always make a new ground outside of the harness, that wouldn't be a problem. I'd just like to know if this was encountered by anyone in the past.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sa_pyro_ne said:
might be a bad connection in the RCA's if you had to wire it up to the headunit. the RCA wires are very fragile.

- Scott
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I might have to check those out again, but they were soldered...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts