Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my question is this... does anyone make a receiver that fits into the space left by the Audiophile system? And i'm not talking about a system that utalizes an adapter/spacer to fill half of the void left by the 9006, I'm talking about a system that fits perfectly into the hole! Does anything exist or are the dimensions of the 9006 system to irregular? I've tried to look at places like crutchfield but they always show the smaller units with the plastic adapter on the bottom end.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think (not sure) that the size for the 9006 is 1.5 DIN. There are a few out there. Try Sonic Electronix. I am pretty sure I saw some on their website. Pioneer makes 1.5 DIN units.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
you need to look for Double Din units. Crutchfield has some options. Just go to outfit my car, enter all the info, and then on the left in sort menu select double din

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm... double din huh. Never heard that before, i'll def give it a try. thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
When they did a redesign of the focus in 2005 the size of the opening for the headunit was increased to double din. Pre-2005 is smaller.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The 2000-2004 were 1.8 din openings...2005-2007 were 2.0

so....you will have to do some custom work for a double din to fit. Smaller then double and you will have a mounting kit.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
really double din wont fit 2004 model? because on 05+ they still give you small frame for it, because opening is somewhat too big.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
that is so strange. I thought they are the same...
I'm sorry for leading you in the wrong direction, but i was sure they're all same size

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Some will fit but they will looks like crap because the mounting kit wont fit. That's why you will need to do some fiberglass or bondo to make it look decent.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sucks nuts... i had a feeling that it wasn't double din. And I went onto crutchfield after I first saw this and sure enough they didn't have a double sized tuner. 02SVTsilverstreak... why in the world would you want your stock unit back?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That sucks nuts... i had a feeling that it wasn't double din. And I went onto crutchfield after I first saw this and sure enough they didn't have a double sized tuner. 02SVTsilverstreak... why in the world would you want your stock unit back?
I want all stock stereo back. sounded better that having aftermarket headunit with all the stock stuff. i hate it. plus i had a six disc changer, and i dont want any aftermarket stereo.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
I coulda sworn I've seen an SVTF here with a DVD/NAV/audio head unit that fit perfectly.

Guess not...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
/\ would you say that this SVTF with all the goodies was a pre or post 04 style, SHEPSKI?

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
/\ would you say that this SVTF with all the goodies was a pre or post 04 style, SHEPSKI?
Original-style Focus dash (the only one ever in an SVTF).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts