Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audio Suggestion

i drive a ford ranger extended cab
i have a clarion head unit and 7 band EQ..

with subwoofers i was thinking about either two 10" or 12" (dual voice coils) Infinity Kappa's
6 1/2" rounds either two or four hooked to amp in the rear and for the front two little hanging tweeters and take out the orignals and put 5x7 kappa and also new ones for the front..

im looking for two amplifiers mono amp around 700 to 750 rms watts and a 180 to 200 watts rms amplifier for the 6 1/2" rounds im really interested in Zapco amplifiers either reference or competition...

if any suggestions im willing to listen and learn...

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
my first suggestion is to find out the recommended volume of the sub box that you need for those subs and make sure you have enought room in the truck for a box that size.

as for the amp, i've never heard of zapco, it sounds rather generic to me. if you want something that will last you for ever and be the best quality, in my eyes, would be a memphis amp. http://www.memphiscaraudio.com

they make some 5 channel amps that you use one channel for your sub and the other 4 channels for your other speakers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Memphis subs sure, amps NO. Try a true amplifier company don't skimp on your power source.
Rockford Fosgate amp's are severely under rated as far as power is concerned. On my show room floor I have a Rockford Fosgate T3002 300x2 @ 2 ohm amplifier running 20 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs!! The best bang for your buck by far!! If you wire your amp with their power wire kit they give you a one year warranty on the amplifier, direct replacement is always nice for a baller on a budget!! And in regards to 5 channel amps, stay away from them unless you want to run 5.1 Dolby Dts surround in your car.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i've got a memphis MC1000D pushing 1103 watts at 1ohm. i like thier LIFETIME Warrenty personally.. :p

i live rockford, dont' get me wrong, but i prefer a purly digital amp like memphis over an amp that converts anolog to digital then back again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
jaimz22 said:
my first suggestion is to find out the recommended volume of the sub box that you need for those subs and make sure you have enought room in the truck for a box that size.

as for the amp, i've never heard of zapco, it sounds rather generic to me. if you want something that will last you for ever and be the best quality, in my eyes, would be a memphis amp. http://www.memphiscaraudio.com

they make some 5 channel amps that you use one channel for your sub and the other 4 channels for your other speakers.
Never heard of Zapco??? .....Seriously? Do an internet search and you'll find the reputation zapco has for making some of the best amps made and are highly regarded in the comp scene. IMO a zapco amp will own memphis all day to a half deaf quad.
Regarding the original poster........Sounds like a plan but, may I suggest looking at some higher quality speakers if you're going to drop the cash for Zapco amps. Also....if you're going to be pushing 750rms to the sub(s) you'll need more than 200rms to even the sound out between mids/highs and the sub. lastly.........lots of sound deadening. Good luck

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
ditto

Zapco offers some of the best amps available.

Zapco Comp
Arc Audio XXK or SE
DLS Ultimate
Genesis upper line
Audison upper lines

·
Registered
22 Posts
If your looking for power go Rockford, SQ go with Alpine pdx amps, simple

1 - 7 of 7 Posts