Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Watching that video just made me sad that winter is coming. On an unrelated note, I noticed that you were able to just drop your hood closed. On my 2011, you can't slam it shut. You have to set the hood down, then force it closed until it locks/clicks.

Is anyone else's like that?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Why did it make me sad that winter is coming, or why doesn't it slam shut?

-> winter means salt on the car, and far fewer washes
-> not a clue why it doesn't lock shut by slamming...after it didn't work the first handful of times when I first got the car, I stopped trying. And every time I see a mechanic try to slam the lid closed, the same thing happens to them until they push it until it clicks.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Interesting...I'll have to take a closer look at it next time I open her up.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Ohhh, I didn't realize there were two. I watched the one on the right. Now for the one with subs!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I wish I had a sub in my car :(

Though I'm still impressed by the low end range on my stock speakers. HELL of a lot better than my previous cars. But I CAN hear some distortion if I'm listening to my crappy dubstep playlist (I know, I know...I'm terrible).

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Partially money, partially because I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to wiring. I'm a fan of DIY to save money and increase my knowledge base...but I don't know a damn thing about car audio. Eventually I'll add a sub...but it probably won't be for another year or two.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
thats quite the setup, But there is no way I could give up that much trunk space.
I guess I'll have to make a video of mine as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts