Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new here..looks like you got a nic forum here and it looks like some of you guys will be able to help with my little problem.

I have a 2002 SVT Focus ZX3 with the audiophile system option and the amp and 8 inch sub.

Now here's the problem. The sub isn't working at all. It ain't doin [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]. Today my cousin and I took apart the casing to replace the sub with a more powerful one he has and we realized that the sub wasnt working at all. We both just thought it was weak.

I have a JVC KD-SH707 deck that the previous owner installed in the car. Is this deck not compatible with the system or is there a bigger problem?

We took the sub out and tried the new one and that didnt work either. There are two plugs in the amp and when I disconnected those plugs when the radio was on, nothing at all happened.

Also, back on Valentine's day, I got in an accident and the body shop had to take the whole Sub/amp housing out of the car to do the body work. Is there something they could have missed that would make the sub/amp not work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Man, I can't believe I forgot about this. When I got in that accident I mentioned, the guy hit me so hard in the back that the deck came halfway out of the dash. It still worked though. Is there some plug that may have come out that would affect only the sub/amp? That would be perfect if that was the only problem. But then I'd have to figure out how to get the deck out safely...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Foci_Fosho said:
Does this thread help you any?

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8112

It sounds to me like they did not hook up the amplifier correctly.
If thats not it, then your amp is dead, I would assume.

I happen to have an audiophile amp sitting right here beside me if you need it. I'll take $8 for it.
Yeah, I had read that before, but I'm not exactly car audio savvy, so that was basically all mumbo jumbo to me.
If they didn't hook up the amp correctly, where would the bad hookup be? In the back of the deck?
We already messed with the plugs directly into the amp, so the only other connection would be in the back of the head unit, right?

Also, I honestly don't even remember if the sub worked before I got hit cause I only owned the car for a week before I got rear-ended [?|]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Honestly, if you want the best sound.
Replace the sub and amp with some quality 8 or 10" and a decent low-end mono amp.

Modify the audiophile box, plug up those holes left behind by the amp.

Here's what I did last week.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now you're gettin all technical on me. At least for now, I just wanna get the stock system in working order. I don't need to be shaking my car apart with huge subs and stuff. I just like my music to sound good. Even without the sub, the stock speakers are bearable.
I think the plan will be to take the deck out and check to see everything is plugged in properly, and if there's something wrong with that I'll see if I can get someone to look at it at the Ford dealer I work at.

That's basically the deck I have, so any tips on getting that b*tch out would be appreciated!

Thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts