Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the first brand new car ive purchased so I didn't know about getting upgrades and adding them to the financing, or much about the Focus at all.

I have a 2013 Focus SE sedan, all OEM for the most part, with a few minor enhancements and upgrades. just started working on build outs and performance upgrades.

my question is this (as I cant get a straight answer from Ford).

I have the standard Sync audio package, I have a chance to get, pretty cheap, a working Sony premium audio deck and climate control system from a wrecked out '13 Ti.

are the systems interchangeable with a harness change-out? does anyone have experience upgrading their sound system with full use of the Sync and voice control features?

thank you!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Car Audio section where you can find more information in prev. threads.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The standard audio in the focus is kinda a wierd deal. Steering controls and things run analog into the little screen which is actually a module that transltes everything to data from there. With either the face plate unplugged or that screen unplugged the data is cutoff. My gut feeling says yes if you are knowledgabke enoigh on how these things work to deal with what may arise. I also think the oupits are variable but may be low level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts