My setup is as follows

alpine 9815
zed draconia amp
oz matrix elite components
ED 12" sub
stinger rca cables
4ga power and ground
12ga speaker wire

the problem is the fuse on the crossovers will glow at semi loud volume. I called oz audio and they said its b/c the amp is producing dc power or something of that nature. they said to look at the headunit/rca cables and i had the level on the amp up too high.

I did turn the level down but it still does it. Changing the headunit is an expensive thing to do if its not the HU that is bad. The amp was used, but it was bought from a VERY dependable source. The Alpine is ~3-4 years old and it has been serviced 2 times. The unit would get hot and distort the sound out then it wouldnt even play at all. It was fixed the first time, and the second time it happened, they said they couldnt find anything but it worked when i got it back (it was in my tbird at the time).

the gain on the amp is around 1/3. setting it at that high, when i crank the alpine to 35, it isnt ungodly loud.. granted it is loud, but its bearable. also ppl familiar with alpine, in MX mode, it does not get any louder from 30-35, it stays the same volume.

i have checked the power cable and ground. I even moved my ground from where it was to somewhere else. I am thinking the alpine is bad? Is there a way to check the voltage coming from the rca preouts? Any suggestions are VERY suggested and desired. Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
my xover has some LED that are protection for the tweeter... to much power is used to light up the LEDs..instead of frying the tweeter...

Is it something like that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts