Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just noticed on my 2011 model Focus that the audio (central control buttons) back light goes off on its own. It won't come on with or without the main lights being switched on. The only time the back light will work is when you are about to exit the car after engine stopped. Any idea please?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Make sure your interior lighting level is up when you're in the car next. You have controls to lower and raise the light level of the interior control lights, i.e. gauge cluster, steering wheel controls and radio controls separate from the ambient lighting controls

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is on the highest level. The air conditioning control lights remains on all the time but it's just the audio lights with the phone pad that goes off completly after a few seconds. Do you think I should get it checked as it might be an electical fault?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted! There must be sensors on the windscreen that activate the light. With headlight switched on in the dark the audio panel light now comes on and stay on.

The point I want to make is that even with the headlight on during daylight the display light won't come on. You won't need it perhaps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts