Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the differences are (speed-wise) between the auto trans and manual trans?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Explain "speed-wise"

·
Registered
114 Posts
PitchBlackPZEV said:
I figured as much, I just thought someone might have exact numbers.
99% of 4cyl cars the difference time wise in a 1/4 mile is about a half second(.5) and close to the same 0-60.

·
Registered
227 Posts
PZEV 0 to 60 Times Diff. MTX VS ATX

Dear PitchBlackPZEV,

0103Venom has it right.

The Feb '04 Motor Trend had a mini-test of a 5 speed 2.3L PZEV ZTS. It's 0 to 60 was 8.2 seconds.

My 2003 2.3L PZEV ZTS ATX has posted a best of 8.7 seconds 0 to 60.

Exactly .5 seconds difference.

Regards,

Dayna 2.3

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
focus said:
Uh the MTX's are faster. It's always like that, in any car.
Not always, a built ATX will rape an MTX in a straight line.

·
Registered
270 Posts
a stock ATX will eat up more HP than an MTX... An MTX is capable of putting more power to the wheels.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
thats why its crappy to have an ATX.....[:(] I wish i had more time to find a MTX PZEV when i bought the car... ATX is still quick enough for me

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Zetec3 is correct also, a built strong ATX will rape an MTX car, but not in stock form. They are also better for consistency, no missed shifts.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
don't wanna sound like a retard but how exactly would u build one up? what kind of parts and price are we talkin? I am considering such a mod....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the times, Dayna2.3, exactly what I was looking for. A buddy of mine has a stock mtx and spent some time grilling me for getting the atx. I still feel like I should have waited, none the less, I love this car!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was the worst webpage I have ever been to. If you (aphidaudio) know them, please ask them to add a link to what they (might) offer.[?|]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Darn, its seems like ZTS only has ATX
I almost got a ZX3 or a ZX5 but stood with the ZTS to be a little different.
Kinda regret not having manual and sometimes a SVT but once you get it you gotta go with it. So who has killer throttle valves,torq's and shift kits. I think I will be able to getting going pretty good:)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Every webpage is an advertisment. Links are their product. Make a product. Not a picture. No one buys a picture.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
2.3 wht zts said:
Darn, its seems like ZTS only has ATX
I almost got a ZX3 or a ZX5 but stood with the ZTS to be a little different.
Kinda regret not having manual and sometimes a SVT but once you get it you gotta go with it. So who has killer throttle valves,torq's and shift kits. I think I will be able to getting going pretty good:)
The ZTS's come in manual, I almost got one but decided to wait on the ZX3.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts