Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure, but does does anybody know mhow much a an atx tranny for a z-tec can hold (hp and torque) ?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I was on the phone to Lentech and I was told it can hold 200whp or so around that but, if your going to have more hp then that I would upgrade with lentech .

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
180 hp and 175 tq i wouldnt go higher than that unless you build it up with lantech parts, you dnt have to buy a whole new tranny

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You can only buy the valve body, you cant buy the torque converter on it own from what I was told
gotta buy the gear box

·
Registered
783 Posts
its not the HP that causes trouble its the torque.The atx really isnt designed to handle much more than stock torque. Though it can it causes premature ware on the clutches. In 2003/2004 ford made it a little bit stronger with the duratec made available. Lentech is the best way to go, and you can still get the ford racing tq converter. Talk to mike from hilbish ford, he can get them for you.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
it would be a full lantech tom has one for sale if i am not mistaken also the is one for sale by hotrodwagon

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok between upgrading a tranny and doing a atx-mtx swap, which one would be better and least expensive?

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not much at all. If you drive it hard on boost it will probably last 6 months or so. iknow from experience.
hey i remember ur one of the many few to have a procharger with an atx, how was it? is ur tranny still holding?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Talk to Bsir(i am assuming thats mike from hillbish?) in the next month or so imma going to buy the tq convertor/23 spline input shaft from him for my fofo. My tranny kicks hard due to my turbo(and ive got a duratec). I plan on buying some alto redline clutches from lentech too, so for about a grand in parts, i wont have to worry about my tranny breaking.

·
Banned
143 Posts
ok between upgrading a tranny and doing a atx-mtx swap, which one would be better and least expensive?
you might just be better off trading in your auto and buying a manual zetec. it would be much quicker and easier than mucking about with a tranny swap. it would be cheaper too because there is virtually no price difference between auto and manual if you're buying a used car. if you have modified your car at all, take any parts out before selling so you can reinstall them when you buy the manual.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
^^^Good Advice....but sometimes you become attached to your AutoTragic. :/

I know I am.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i love my auto i can be in traffic not worries, but when i wanna get up and go i can do that as well

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i meant, as far as upgrading a atx tranny to just simply swapping out for a mtx?

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
upgrade the auto they are actually faster when tuned in a drag race..they take less time to shift

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
damn dude that sucks. so what do you plan to do? also before it messed up how was the acceleration and torque?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts