Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an automatic tranny right now and i wanna change it to a stick shift. How should I go about doing that. I looked on Focus-Power.com and they're selling an MTX tranny, so would i just have to buy that and take it to a shop?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
are you willing to do a probably 2k swap or just use the 2k for a auto tranny buildup ?

you will need much more than just a tranny fr the swap...

Joel

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If you build up the ATX, you could have better launches and not to mention the relaxing in traffic. If I were you, I would just build up the ATX.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I agree also. Build up the auto. Automatics get a bad name but sometimes they are all not that bad.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I know you must hate your ATX, but just think. When your in bumber to bumber traffic, you have it easier then someone with a MTX. Just build up your ATX because to do that swap would be alot of money.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much HP can I expect to gain from a good ATX upgrade?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The Len Tech Automatics one I mean.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would it just be better to get my car Turbocharged than to buy a new tranny?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Ummm.. unless I don't know of such an upgrade I don't think you can get any hp from a tranny but maybe I am wrong. ( You will FEEL a difference though as far as how much faster your car is) If you are going to Turbo I would build up the tranny frist cuz the stock one will be left out in the middle of the road after you take off if you have a good amount of boost.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
The turbo will eat your stock ATX up fast. If you are going FI or just 135 ft/lbs of torque...a new tranny is somewhere in your future. The hp ATX's out there from PA or Lentech will handle plenty of whp. Do the tranny first, then you can do whatever you want.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Red Baron said:

The Len Tech Automatics one I mean.
It would however probably reduce the power loss between the engine and the wheels. Depends though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts